"The ability to span two OS ecosystems gives end-users access to both Windows and Android apps, but the key is providing for the seamless integration of entertainment and productivity across those ecosystems," said Steve Belt, corporate vice president, Product Management, at AMD. "Introducing our solution in retail puts AMD and BlueStacks in a unique position to offer in-store customers the option to include access to this great experience at the time of purchase of their new systems."
PC buyers will have the choice of an AMD-BlueStacks upgrade when buying an AMD-based PC at select retailers. Easy integration of BlueStacks for retail customers effectively bridges the divide between mobile and PC, and the retail solution requires no additional driver or extension support. The retail version of BlueStacks running on a Windows PC powered by select AMD APUs offers:
- A familiar Android user interface, including settings, configuration and customization controls;
- The ability to run Android apps within a window or at full-screen resolution leveraging direct access to AMD graphics processing power;
- Support for hundreds of thousands of Android apps direct from various Android app stores, as well as synchronization between the same apps being run on the user's stand-alone Android devices;
- Seamless interoperability through direct file sharing that enables Android apps to access files stored within the Windows file system; and
- Support for sensors like built-in cameras, accelerometer, gyroscope and others.
As with the AMD-BlueStacks solution announced at CES 2014, the retail solution won't require the user to disengage from one OS before using another; the AMD and BlueStacks solution runs Android virtually within Windows. The customization, settings and personalization capabilities expected from an Android device are made available in a Windows environment. The retail solution also supports easy synchronization of the two environments through BlueStack's FoneLink service that enables AMD Windows-based PCs to become an extension of Android mobile devices and vice versa.
Read about AMD at MWC
Check out the AMD Retail Promotion Page
Follow AMD on Twitter at @AMD
Follow BlueStacks on Twitter at @bluestacksinc
Demo video of BlueStacks at AMD APU13
Read more about BlueStacks and AMD's new Dual-OS Solution for Consumers
BlueStacks is an AMD Ventures-backed mobile software company that enables Android apps to run on notebooks, desktops, all-in-one PCs, slates, tablets and TVs. Founded in 2009, BlueStacks is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, USA with global offices in India, Taiwan, China, UK and Japan. For more information visit http://www.bluestacks.com/, or join their more than 1,000,000 Facebook fans at www.facebook.com/....