85609 Dornach b. München, de
AMD Surrounds 2014 International CES Visitors with Breakthrough Visual and Audio Experiences
Latest APU and GPU technologies are designed to enable developers and delight tech enthusiasts, hard-core gamers and mainstream consumers alike
"We live in an exciting new world where computing is everywhere and transforming our daily lives," said Lisa Su, senior vice president and general manager, AMD Global Business Units. "AMD is at the heart of the innovations, driving a vision of 'Surround Computing' to provide the most visually compelling, immersive experiences in gaming, the next-generation of PCs, and the cloud. We are truly re-defining modern computing with our customers and ecosystem partners here at CES."
2014 AMD at CES Highlights:
- "Kaveri" - AMD's most powerful APUs ever, the AMD A10 7850K and 7700K (codenamed "Kaveri"), are now shipping and will be on shelves in desktops early next week, with pre-orders starting today from select system builders. "Kaveri" is the world's first APU to include Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) features, the immersive sound of AMD TrueAudio Technology and the performance gaming experiences of Mantle API . "Kaveri"-based notebooks will be available in the first half of this year.
- "Discovery Project" - Winner of two coveted CES Innovations Awards, the "Discovery Project" features AMD's upcoming low-power "Mullins" APU in an imaginative tablet, game controller and productivity dock created to demonstrate the full capabilities of AMD innovation. The "Discovery Project" is on display in the 2014 CES Innovation Showcase as well as being demonstrated at AMD's booth.
- Android OS Experience on Windows -AMD and its technology partner BlueStacks announced a new joint solution bringing the full Android OS experience to Windows-based tablets, 2-in-1s, notebooks and desktops optimized for fourth-generation AMD APUs. The solution allows Android to run virtually within Windows, eliminating the need to disengage from one OS before using another, and provides familiar Android interfaces, app support and direct file sharing, giving Android apps access to files stored within the Windows file system.
- Mantle - 2014 CES will be the site of the first public demonstration of DICE's "Battlefield 4™" running AMD's Mantle on a 4K display. Show-goers can also experience Oxide Games' "StarSwarm" demo for their "Nitrous" game engine, which also uses Mantle, when visiting AMD's booth.
- New AMD Radeon™ R9/R7/R5 M200 Series GPUs - AMD's new family of mobile discrete GPU products make their debut at this year's CES in systems from Alienware, Clevo®, Lenovo and MSI. Based on AMD's award-winning Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, the new AMD Radeon R9, R7 and R5 M200 Series mobile discrete GPUs offer premium graphics performance and outstanding image quality with support for Mantle API. AMD's 2014 mobile discrete GPU roadmap can be found here.
"Surround House 2: Monsters in the Orchestra"
Bringing AMD's Surround Computing vision to life in an overwhelming and unique way, "Surround House 2: Monsters in the Orchestra" engages show-goers in an instrumental performance by a collection of misfit monsters performing in a 360-degree domed theater. This immersive experience uses many of AMD's current and developing technologies including gesture control optimized by HSA features on the new "Kaveri" APU, next-generation AMD FirePro™ graphics driving 14 million pixels across six projectors, and 32.4 channels of audio processed with AMD TrueAudio technology and presented with Discrete Digital Multipoint Audio.
The White House: "We The Geeks" Hangout with AMD
Underscoring its commitment to the world of technology today and tomorrow, AMD Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer Mark Papermaster will participate in a special CES edition of the popular "We The Geeks" moderated panel sessions. "We The Geeks: The Future of Computing" will explore how technology for computing devices is driving them to become completely ingrained in our everyday lives. This special CES edition will be moderated by Tom Kalil, White House Deputy Director for Technology and Innovation, and will take place Wednesday, Jan. 8, at 11 a.m. PST. "We the Geeks" is a new series of Google+ Hangouts that highlights the future of science, technology, and innovation in the United States, and are webcast live on WhiteHouse.gov/WeTheGeeks and the White House Google+ page with a concurrent social media conversation on Twitter at #WeTheGeeks.
- Read about all AMD's CES news at www.amd.com/ces
- Visit AMD's booth at CES, #CP2 in the LVCC Central Plaza
- Watch the construction of AMD's "Surround House 2: Monsters in the Orchestra"
- Read the full Bluestacks/Android press release
- Learn more about AMD Radeon™ R9/R7/R5 M200 Series GPUs at www.amd.com/radeon
- See AMD Product Roadmaps
- Join the conversation at #AMDCES
- Follow AMD on Twitter @amd or on Facebook
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, FirePro and Radeon are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This Press Release contains forward-looking statements concerning Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. ("AMD" or the "Company") including, among other things, timing , availability, features and functionality of the AMD "Kaveri" APU, AMD "Kaveri"-based notebooks and the AMD "Mullins" APU and AMD's R9, R7 and R5 M200 Series AMD mobile discrete GPUs, AMD's mobile discrete GPU roadmap, and AMD's Surround Computing strategy and roadmap, which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. Forward-looking statements are commonly identified by words such as "would," "may," "expects," "believes," "plans," "intends," "projects," and other terms with similar meaning. Investors are cautioned that the forward-looking statements in this press release are based on current beliefs, assumptions and expectations, speak only as of the date of this press release and involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations. Risks include the possibility that that Intel Corporation's pricing, marketing and rebating programs, product bundling, standard setting, new product introductions or other activities may negatively impact the Company's plans; that the Company will require additional funding and may be unable to raise sufficient capital on favorable terms, or at all; that customers stop buying the Company's products or materially reduce their operations or demand for its products; that the Company may be unable to develop, launch and ramp new products and technologies in the volumes that are required by the market at mature yields on a timely basis; that the company's third-party foundry suppliers will be unable to transition the Company's products to advanced manufacturing process technologies in a timely and effective way or to manufacture the Company's products on a timely basis in sufficient quantities and using competitive process technologies; that the Company will be unable to obtain sufficient manufacturing capacity or components to meet demand for its products or will not fully utilize the Company's projected manufacturing capacity needs at GLOBALFOUNDRIES Inc. (GF) microprocessor manufacturing facilities; that the Company's requirements for wafers will be less than the fixed number of wafers that the Company agreed to purchase from GF or GF encounters problems that significantly reduce the number of functional die the Company receives from each wafer; that the Company is unable to successfully implement its long-term business strategy; that the Company inaccurately estimates the quantity or type of products that its customers will want in the future or will ultimately end up purchasing, resulting in excess or obsolete inventory; that the Company is unable to manage the risks related to the use of its third-party distributors and add-in-board (AIB) partners or offer the appropriate incentives to focus them on the sale of the Company's products; that the Company may be unable to maintain the level of investment in research and development that is required to remain competitive; that there may be unexpected variations in market growth and demand for the Company's products and technologies in light of the product mix that it may have available at any particular time; that global business and economic conditions, including consumer PC market conditions, will not improve or will worsen; and the effect of political or economic instability, domestically or internationally, on our sales or supply chain. Investors are urged to review in detail the risks and uncertainties in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including but not limited to the Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended Sept. 28, 2013.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.