AMD Radeon R9 290X Named Product of the Year at PC Games Hardware Reader's Choice Awards
Readers of top German gaming enthusiast magazine vote AMD as Best Graphics Chip Manufacturer, Awards Second Place in Processor Category
"Our readers are willing to spend their money only to buy the best technology, and they obviously have strong and educated opinions on what hardware and software represents the pinnacle of performance and value," said Carsten Spille, editor of PC Games Hardware. "This result for the new Radeon™ R9 290X, as well as a win for best graphics product and second place in processors show that AMD is creating the right products for the market today."
Readers of PC Games Hardware voted on both the web and the magazine's February 2014 issue, with thousands of readers voting in each of the 26 categories.
"We're delighted that PC Games Hardware's readers love our products, and grateful to them for recognizing the hard work AMD engineers have put into making the ultimate GPU for a new era of gaming," said Darren Grasby, corporate vice president and general manager, EMEA at AMD. "While pure horsepower is always a good thing, the AMD Radeon™ R9 290X is a complete package for breathtaking graphics and audio thanks to its Graphics Core Next architecture and AMD TrueAudio technology. Last but not least is Mantle, which helps games developers speak directly to the GPU architecture in its native language, unlocking an incomparable level of hardware optimization, enabling amazing image quality and performance."
AMD TrueAudio technology brings a heightened level of revolutionary audio immersion, surrounding gamers with realistic audio environments through stereo headsets and speakers. Armed with a dedicated audio processor in the GPU, the AMD Radeon R9 290X graphics card will enable a richer and deeply immersive soundscape, including true to life echoes, convolution reverbs and incredibly realistic sounding environments.
Made to perform for UltraHD (4K) and AMD Eyefinity technology, the AMD Radeon™ R9 290X GPU enables exquisite visual experiences on current and upcoming PC titles with superior image quality and expansive, eye-opening displays.1, 2
Outstanding features of the AMD Radeon R9 290X graphics cards include:
- 2,816 stream processing units
- Up to 1 GHz Engine Clock
- 4GB GDDR5 Memory
- Up to 5.0Gbps memory clock speed
- 320GB/s memory bandwidth (maximum)
- 5.6 TFLOPS Single Precision compute power
- API support for DirectX® 11.2, OpenGL 4.3 and Mantle
The AMD Radeon R9 290X graphics cards are available at a starting price of $549 USD and EUR399 (excluding VAT).3
- Learn more about the AMD Radeon™ R9 Series graphics cards
- Visit PC Games Hardware's Reader Choice Awards at www.pcgh.de/leserwahl
- Blog: The four core principles of AMD's Mantle
- Become a fan of AMD Gaming on Facebook
- Engage with us on Twitter @AMDRadeon
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
1. Requires 4K display and content. Supported resolution varies by GPU model and board design; confirm specifications with manufacturer before purchase.
2. AMD Eyefinity technology supports multiple monitors on an enabled graphics card. Supported display quantity, type and resolution vary by model and board design; confirm specifications with manufacturer before purchase. To enable more than two displays, or multiple displays from a single output, additional hardware such as DisplayPort™-ready monitors or DisplayPort 1.2 MST-enabled hubs may be required. A maximum of two active adapters is recommended for consumer systems. See www.amd.com/eyefinityfaq for full details.
3. SEP as of Oct. 24, 2013.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favorite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Umsatz konvergenter Systeme legt weltweit zu
Nach Angaben der International Data Corporation (IDC) vermeldete der „Worldwide Quarterly Converged Systems Tracker“ für das vierte Quartal 2017 einen weltweiten Anstieg der Umsätze im Bereich des konvergenten Systemmarktes um 9,1 Prozent. Hyperkonvergente Systeme outperformen, andere Teilsegmente erlebten Rückgänge.Weiterlesen