85609 Dornach b. München, de
+49 (89) 998370-17
AMD OpenCL(TM) APP SDK 2.6 and AMD Catalyst(TM) Developer Driver Available for Download
"AMD is focusing on OpenCL to enable developers to more easily harness the power of heterogeneous computing," said Manju Hegde, corporate vice president, AMD Fusion Experience Program. "The latest SDK and developer drivers release enhances developer productivity by introducing new features like the C++ wrapper API and Static C++ kernel language support."
AMD is driving industry support for OpenCL with developers and technology companies around the world, contributing to the establishment of OpenCL as a top tool for developers. Consumers will continue to see more software applications coming to market that are optimized on OpenCL. The new applications will leverage the full processing capabilities of the CPU and GPU, which enable faster run-times, longer battery life and smoother playback in their favorite software applications when running in a broad range of notebook, desktop and all-in-one PCs based on VISION Technology from AMD.
Key features supported in SDK 2.6 and AMD Catalyst 11.12 driver:
- Inclusion of the Khronos C++ Wrapper API
- OpenCL runtime integration into Linux in addition to Windows® Catalyst drivers
- Multi GPU support on Linux platforms
- Support for AVX extensions for CPUs that support this extension
- Support for FMA4 extensions in OpenCL built-in function libraries for CPUs that support this extension
Additional preview capabilities provided with the Developer Driver:
- Static C++ kernel language
- OpenCL(TM) 1.2 preview capabilities:
Host access flags for memory objects enable more efficient buffer handling
Pattern-based GPU buffer and image initialization eliminates need for certain buffer/image transfers
Memory objects migration supports transfer of buffer prior to need
New generalized image creation API
Enhanced image/buffer map operations
- Download the latest AMD APP SDK and AMD Catalyst Developer Drivers: http://developer.amd.com/...
- View AMD APP Showcase: http://developer.amd.com/...
- Visit AMD Developer Central
- Follow news from the AMD team on Twitter at @AMD_Unprocessed or @AMDSoftware
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.