85609 Dornach b. München, de
+49 (89) 9983702289-45
AMD Details a Vivid Future of Computing at Annual Financial Analyst Day
For more detail on AMD's disclosures from today please see roadmap blog, and for additional commentary on what APUs mean for AMD please see AMD Fusion blog.
"AMD's business model has consistently delivered operating profits this year, while the strength of our platform offerings drove continued expansion of our customer base," said Dirk Meyer, AMD president and CEO. "The industry is at an inflection point, with users demanding technology that is more immersive and interactive. With our upcoming AMD Fusion APUs combining our DirectX 11-capable graphics processors and next-generation microprocessors on a single chip, we are poised to lead the industry's next computing era with richer, more vivid digital experiences."
"AMD Fusion products represent the biggest advancement in processor technology since the industry's switch to multi-core designs," observed Nathan Brookwood, research fellow at Insight 64. "AMD Fusion enables a quantum increase in the performance of entry-level and mainstream processors, and helps software developers enrich their offerings in ways that would previously have been hard to imagine. These enhanced applications, in turn, will give the PC industry tools to tap into new opportunities that only the latest GPU technology can provide."
AMD Fusion APUs mark a significant leap forward in technology innovation to address evolving workloads and users' needs for smaller, more power-efficient form factors that enable richer visual computing experiences such as:
- Outstanding Web browsing experiences in terms of speed of response, quality of graphics, quality of animations;
- Smooth video playback of HD and 3D content in even the most portable form factors;
- Optimized experience in popular GPU-accelerated productivity applications such as Microsoft PowerPoint where AMD Fusion enables smooth transitions, better animations, easier video editing;
- Better content management capabilities to organize the millions of digital media files created and stored by consumers everyday;
- User interface innovations designed to rapidly evolve as new technologies such as gesture recognition and voice command take advantage of the massive parallel processing capability of GPUs as evidenced by the hundreds of gigaflops of compute power in the AMD Fusion APU codenamed "Llano".
AMD Public Roadmap Updates
AMD also announced several notable updates to its 2012 roadmaps including:
- "Krishna" and "Wichita": Two and four-core 28nm APUs based on the next-generation sub-one watt "Bobcat" CPU cores and a DirectX 11-capable GPU, designed for the tablet, notebook, HD netbook, and desktop form-factors;
- "Trinity": a 32nm APU based on AMD's next-generation "Bulldozer" CPU cores and a DirectX 11-capable GPU, designed for mainstream and high-performance desktops and notebooks;
- "Komodo": a 32nm CPU featuring up to 10 AMD "Bulldozer" CPU cores designed for high-performance and enthusiast desktops;
- "Terramar" and "Sepang": Two new 32nm CPUs for the server market based on AMD's "Bulldozer" CPU core. Targeted for the enterprise, mainstream market "Terramar" will scale up to 20 cores while "Sepang" is designed for the cost-optimized, energy efficient market and will scale up to 10 CPU cores.
- Press kit: http://wp.me/p113Q7-9V
- Webcast replay: http://ir.amd.com/...
- Executive presentations: http://ir.amd.com/...
- Updated AMD roadmaps: http://budurl.com/...
- Photo gallery: http://budurl.com/...
- Video gallery: http://www.youtube.com/...
This release contains forward-looking statements, concerning among other things, product roadmaps, including the timing of the planned introduction of AMD Fusion platforms and the features and performance of new product and technology releases which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements are commonly identified by words such as "would," "may," "expects," "believes," "plans," "intends," "projects," and other terms with similar meaning. Investors are cautioned that the forward-looking statements in this release are based on current beliefs, assumptions and expectations, speak only as of the date of these presentations and involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations. The material factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations include, without limitation, the following: the possibility that Intel Corporation's pricing, marketing and rebating programs, product bundling, standard setting, new product introductions or other activities targeting AMD's business will prevent attainment of AMD's current plans; AMD will be unable to develop, launch and ramp new products and technologies in the volumes and mix required by the market; AMD's third party wafer foundries will be unable to manufacture its products on a timely basis with acceptable quality, at acceptable manufacturing yields and using competitive technologies; AMD's third party wafer foundries will be unable to transition to advanced manufacturing process technologies in a timely and effective way, consistent with AMD's planned expenditures; AMD will be unable to maintain the level of investment in research and development that is required to remain competitive; demand for computers and consumer electronics products and, in turn, demand for AMD's products will be lower than currently expected; customers will stop buying AMD's products or materially reduce their demand for its products; AMD will require additional funding and may not be able to raise funds on favorable terms or at all; there will be unexpected variations in market growth and demand for AMD's products and technologies in light of the product mix that it may have available at any particular time or a decline in demand; any inability to obtain sufficient manufacturing capacity or components to meet demand for AMD's products or the under-utilization of GLOBALFOUNDRIES manufacturing facilities; the effect of political or economic instability internationally on sales or production; or that GLOBALFOUNDRIES will be less successful than anticipated.
AMD, the AMD Arrow Logo, AMD Opteron, Radeon and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.