46483 Wesel, de
+49 (281) 670-10303
ALTANA Receives Award for "Career-Promoting & Fair Trainee Programs"
As a focused specialty chemicals company, ALTANA provides its customers with highly specialized technical solutions in niche markets. By virtue of this business model, innovation is an essential element in the corporate strategy, ensuring that ALTANA continues to grow long-term and so remain a technology and market leader. To be able to satisfy these requirements, Corporate Innovation and Human Resources have developed a program which aims to promote and develop junior talent in the area of innovation. As part of the so-called Cross Divisional Development Program Innovation (CDDPI), participants will complete within two years, in each of our four Divisions, a strategic project accompanied by a cross-divisional project. "This program allows us to promote talent specifically for collaboration between the Divisions. Accordingly we are very much improving the use of synergies in the area of innovation," Dr. Georg F. L. Wießmeier, Chief Technology Officer of ALTANA, states.
Against a background of demographic change and the anticipated shortage of skilled and managerial personnel, an optimum talent and succession management is becoming increasingly important. Jörg Bauer, Vice President Human Resources at ALTANA, says, "We tailor our trainee programs according to the particular skills and needs of the participants. A trainee program at ALTANA thus provides the ideal opportunity to prepare for higher duties in the company and allows participants to familiarize themselves with different roles and, where applicable, Divisions." In addition, the trainee programs at ALTANA are characterized by a broad coverage of subjects and provide the opportunity to build up an extensive network in the company.
The initiative is the brainchild of Absolventa GmbH. Partners in its implementation are the Institute for Human Resources Management of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, chaired by Prof. Dr. Ingo Weller, and ten companies from the private sector. The award is based on the "Charter of Career-promoting and Fair Trainee Programs".
By recognizing the Charter and implementing its contents in the company, ALTANA has pledged itself to uphold the following criteria:
1. Trainee programs are an elementary part of talent and professional management at ALTANA and are geared to long-term collaboration in an expert or management role.
2. Trainees assume responsible duties from the outset and are supported in the process by experienced senior staff.
3. Trainees pass through several Divisions during the development programs, completing learning activities (e.g. placements abroad, professional and behavioral training courses) and playing an active part in our network.
4. Remuneration and length of time are in reasonable proportion to the learning content and development objectives of our trainee programs.
5. We ensure the quality of our trainee programs by means of internal and external evaluation measures.
Further information is available here.
The ALTANA job portal is available on www.altana.jobs
Further information on the CDDPI is available here
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.