Smaller Size, Better Performance in a Lower TDP
SOM-6894 takes up around 24% less space and gives a 15% CPU performance increase due to the integration of CPU + PCH on the U-processor. It delivers similar performance but has a lower 15W Thermal Design Power (TDP) rating when compared with the Intel® 3rd generation Core™ i7 COM Express Basic modules. Based on this, SOM-6894 provides more flexibility and options for customer's to design their carrier boards. This compact module is ideal for medical, digital signage, automation and surveillance applications.
Low Power CPU Performance and Graphics Upgrade
SOM-6894 also delivers improved graphics performance with the latest Intel® HD graphics with DX 11.1, OGL 3.2, OCL 1.2 support. This upgrade gives SOM-6894 around a 30% better graphic performance than previous versions. In addition, SOM-6894 supports dual and triple independent displays for even better media and display capabilities.
Supports Advantech iManager Hardware Monitoring Utility
Advantech iManager provides a valuable suite of programmable APIs such as multi-level watchdog, hardware monitor, and other user-friendly interfaces. Since this is a built-in solution on chip, iManager ensures that functions operate even if the operating system fails, helping enhance system stability and compatibility, and reducing effort on carrier board design and platform migration.
SOM-6894 will be available by Oct., 2013. Please contact your local Advantech sales rep or visit the website (http://www.advantech.eu/...) for more details.
- PICMG COM R2.1 Type 6 pin-out compatible Compact module for Intel® 4th generation U-processors - Intel® Core™ i7-4650U vPro, i5-4300U vPro, i3-4010U processors, Intel® Celeron processor 2980U
- Intel® HD Graphics support for DX11.1, OGL 3.2, and OCL 1.2
- Supports triple display-VGA, 18/24-bit LVDS, HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort
- Supports up to 16 GB DDR3 1600 non-ECC memory
- Supports 4 PCIe x1, 4 SATAII, 2 USB 3.0, 8 USB2.0, GbE, LPC, SMBus, and I2C Bus
- Supports Advantech iManager 2.0 and software APIs
Advantech Embedded Core Services offers design-in oriented services. These streamlined solutions broadly integrate embedded boards, peripheral modules and software. This dedicated focus on Embedded Design-in services fulfills electronic engineering demands at their design-in phase, and brings benefits that shorten the design and integration cycles, minimizing uncertainty and risk. www.advantech.eu/EmbCore ).