Convertible notebook for industrial and military users with Intel Core Duo technology
With the Victum-Note V-Series, Acturion Datasys presents a groundbreaking new PC which combines the best of two worlds – a notebook PC and a tablet PC in one unit
Two base models are available
Even from the start of the series production two base models have been available. They can be distinguished from each other by the size of their TFT display. The Victum-Note V10 has a 10.4” XGA TFT display and the Victum-Note V12 boasts a 12.1“ WXGA TFT display with a resolution of 1,280 x 800 pixels. Both models come with touch screen as standard, a sunlight readable display is optionally available and the V10 can be ordered with a digitizer pen and Windows XP Tablet Edition as an option. Normally the V-Series comes with Windows XP Pro or Windows Vista pre-installed. Linux is under test and will be available as an option soon.
Do NOT handle with care!
The Victum-Note V-Series is built to survive even in harsh environmental conditions. The housing is made of a special light metal alloy which gives the V-Series its extreme ruggedness. Thanks to the use of magnesium for the housing the weight of the whole unit stays at a low level of only 6.2lbs (2.2kgs). With its completely sealed housing the V-Series fulfils IP54 protection class and MIL-STD810F. In order to get the military standard certification the units must undergo harsh tests involving low temperature testing –4°F (-20°C), high temperature testing 131° F (+55°C) and a drop from a height of 3 feet onto a concrete slab. To be certified, the unit must continue to operate without any malfunction after testing.
Inside the cabinet of the Victum-Note V-Series there is no fan and for this reason the V-Series has a well thought-out heat management system which consists of heat pipes that transfer the processing heat from the CPU to the metal housing - thus the metal housing acts as heat sink.
Perfect package for outdoor users
A state-of-the-art mobile PC must fulfil numerous criteria like low weight, compact dimensions, good handling, long battery runtime, high CPU power and high connectivity. The Victum-Note V-Series matches all these requirements perfectly.
Low weight, only 6.2lbs(2.2kgs), small size, only 11.2“ x 8.7“ x 1.9“ (28.4 x 22.1 x 4.8 cm), ease of handling using the hand strap at the side of the housing, long battery runtime (up to 5hrs. in normal use), high CPU power from an Intel Yonah Core Duo Processor U2500 with 1.2GHz clock rate and numerous I/O ports, i.e. RS232, USB, Bluetooth, VGA, LAN, WLAN, 56K modem, PCMCIA, SD-Card, 3G and GPS for high connectivity.
For use and installation in vehicles there is also a vehicle mount and a vehicle docking station available which allows the Victum-Note V-Series PCs to be easily and safely mounted and connected.
The Victum-Note V-Series units are built to order and come with a 3 year warranty. Acturion Datasys can supply within 6 weeks of a confirmed order.
Outstanding technical features of the convertible PC Victum-Note V10 and V12 at a glance:
- completely sealed magnesium alloy housing IP54
- 10.4” XGA or 12.1” WXGA display, collapsible with swivel-joint
- Touch Screen (standard), digitizer (option for V10 only)
- Sunlight readable display (option)
- CPU Intel Yonah Core Duo Processor U2500 with 1.2GHz clock rate
- Support for up to 2 GB of RAM
- A shock mounts protected 2.5” hard disk in a removable cartridge with up to 160 GB of storage
- Full range of I/O-Ports: 2x USB-2.0, 1x RS232 with D-Sub 9 connector, 1x
10/100/1000-Base-T-LAN RJ45 Ethernet connection, 56k ITU modem RJ11, 1x VGA port
- Intel PRO/Wireless 802.11a/b/g WLAN module, Bluetooth 1.2 for wireless connections to peripherals like printers, WWAN modem HSDPA/HSUPA (option), EVDO (option), GPS receiver for satellite navigation (option)
- 2x PCMCIA slots Type II with Card Bus support, 1x SD Card slot
- Onboard audio-support with 2 built-in speakers, 1x audio in and 1x audio out jack
- Built in 1.3MP CCD rotatable camera
- Water proof keyboard (standard), backlit water proof keyboard (option)
- The handy full-metal housing measures only (W x D x H) 284 x 221 x 48mm
(11.2´´ x 8.7” x 1.9´´) and weighs 6.2lbs (2.2kgs) with battery
- Operational temperature range is -20°C through +55°C (-4°F - +131°F)
- MIL-STD810F (standard), MIL-STD461E (option)
- Vehicle mount and vehicle docking station (option)
Acturion Datasys GmbH
Acturion Datasys GmbH is a specialized system vendor in the field of industrial and military mobile computing. Numerous solutions have already been realised for customers in telecommunication, machinery, automotive, aerospace, military, law-enforcement, rescue service, health care, transport and logistics.
Acturion Datasys GmbH can offer its customers more than 15 years of Know-how and experience in the field of industrial and military mobile computing. Additionally Acturion is integrated in a broad network of solution providers and suppliers. The Acturion Datasys GmbH can supply their customers with Hardware and Turn-Key-Solutions for all applications in the field of industrial and military mobile computing.
As solution provider, Acturion Datasys GmbH can also offer complete consulting services for customized solutions. Together with our customers we analyze the current situation and define the target. Our aim is always target driven to achieve the best technical solution, the most economic solution and the solution with the best potential for the future.