82054 Sauerlach bei München, de
Convertible notebook for industrial and military users with Intel Core Duo technology
With the Victum-Note V-Series, Acturion Datasys presents a groundbreaking new PC which combines the best of two worlds – a notebook PC and a tablet PC in one unit
Two base models are available
Even from the start of the series production two base models have been available. They can be distinguished from each other by the size of their TFT display. The Victum-Note V10 has a 10.4” XGA TFT display and the Victum-Note V12 boasts a 12.1“ WXGA TFT display with a resolution of 1,280 x 800 pixels. Both models come with touch screen as standard, a sunlight readable display is optionally available and the V10 can be ordered with a digitizer pen and Windows XP Tablet Edition as an option. Normally the V-Series comes with Windows XP Pro or Windows Vista pre-installed. Linux is under test and will be available as an option soon.
Do NOT handle with care!
The Victum-Note V-Series is built to survive even in harsh environmental conditions. The housing is made of a special light metal alloy which gives the V-Series its extreme ruggedness. Thanks to the use of magnesium for the housing the weight of the whole unit stays at a low level of only 6.2lbs (2.2kgs). With its completely sealed housing the V-Series fulfils IP54 protection class and MIL-STD810F. In order to get the military standard certification the units must undergo harsh tests involving low temperature testing –4°F (-20°C), high temperature testing 131° F (+55°C) and a drop from a height of 3 feet onto a concrete slab. To be certified, the unit must continue to operate without any malfunction after testing.
Inside the cabinet of the Victum-Note V-Series there is no fan and for this reason the V-Series has a well thought-out heat management system which consists of heat pipes that transfer the processing heat from the CPU to the metal housing - thus the metal housing acts as heat sink.
Perfect package for outdoor users
A state-of-the-art mobile PC must fulfil numerous criteria like low weight, compact dimensions, good handling, long battery runtime, high CPU power and high connectivity. The Victum-Note V-Series matches all these requirements perfectly.
Low weight, only 6.2lbs(2.2kgs), small size, only 11.2“ x 8.7“ x 1.9“ (28.4 x 22.1 x 4.8 cm), ease of handling using the hand strap at the side of the housing, long battery runtime (up to 5hrs. in normal use), high CPU power from an Intel Yonah Core Duo Processor U2500 with 1.2GHz clock rate and numerous I/O ports, i.e. RS232, USB, Bluetooth, VGA, LAN, WLAN, 56K modem, PCMCIA, SD-Card, 3G and GPS for high connectivity.
For use and installation in vehicles there is also a vehicle mount and a vehicle docking station available which allows the Victum-Note V-Series PCs to be easily and safely mounted and connected.
The Victum-Note V-Series units are built to order and come with a 3 year warranty. Acturion Datasys can supply within 6 weeks of a confirmed order.
Outstanding technical features of the convertible PC Victum-Note V10 and V12 at a glance:
- completely sealed magnesium alloy housing IP54
- 10.4” XGA or 12.1” WXGA display, collapsible with swivel-joint
- Touch Screen (standard), digitizer (option for V10 only)
- Sunlight readable display (option)
- CPU Intel Yonah Core Duo Processor U2500 with 1.2GHz clock rate
- Support for up to 2 GB of RAM
- A shock mounts protected 2.5” hard disk in a removable cartridge with up to 160 GB of storage
- Full range of I/O-Ports: 2x USB-2.0, 1x RS232 with D-Sub 9 connector, 1x
10/100/1000-Base-T-LAN RJ45 Ethernet connection, 56k ITU modem RJ11, 1x VGA port
- Intel PRO/Wireless 802.11a/b/g WLAN module, Bluetooth 1.2 for wireless connections to peripherals like printers, WWAN modem HSDPA/HSUPA (option), EVDO (option), GPS receiver for satellite navigation (option)
- 2x PCMCIA slots Type II with Card Bus support, 1x SD Card slot
- Onboard audio-support with 2 built-in speakers, 1x audio in and 1x audio out jack
- Built in 1.3MP CCD rotatable camera
- Water proof keyboard (standard), backlit water proof keyboard (option)
- The handy full-metal housing measures only (W x D x H) 284 x 221 x 48mm
(11.2´´ x 8.7” x 1.9´´) and weighs 6.2lbs (2.2kgs) with battery
- Operational temperature range is -20°C through +55°C (-4°F - +131°F)
- MIL-STD810F (standard), MIL-STD461E (option)
- Vehicle mount and vehicle docking station (option)
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.