ID WORLD Rio de Janeiro 2011, Wise Media¹s first event in Latin America, has a strong focus on the deployment of automatic identification technologies in emerging countries and the status of secure ID schemes in the era of global mobility. The event is positioned to offer maximum exposure to a highly targeted audience to help further shape the future of citizen ID, security and tracking infrastructures in the South American region.
A focused conference program of plenary sessions, breakout seminars and workshops, as well as exclusive networking initiatives and a technology village, will ensure that delegates and exhibitors received maximum value from their participation.
Key government speakers who have already confirmed their participation include:
- Eduardo Thill, Under Secretary of Management Technologies - Cabinet of Ministers, Argentina
- Pedro Janices, Chief of the Cabinet Office, National Director - National Office of Information Technologies, Argentina
- Narumi Pereira Lima, Forensic Specialist, Questioned Documents Service, National Institute of Criminalistics - Federal Police, Brazil
- Celio Ribeiro, Executive President Abrid, Brazil
- Francisco Solis Guerrero, Director of Administrative Registry, INEGI, Mexico
- Marisol Castro Dobles, Director General, Civil Registry of Costa Rica
- Ronald Covil, Director general, Office of National Identification, Haiti
- Bradford Wing, Biometrics Standards Coordinator, Information Access Division - National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
- Mr.Luigi Soreca, Head of International Affairs, Directorate General Home Affairs - European Commission
- Dr Ahmed Ramazan Altinok, Head of e-Government Advisory Group - Prime Ministry, Turkey
- Tariq Malik, Deputy Chairman - National Database & Registration Authority, Pakistan
- S.K.Sinha, Senior Technical Director & Head, Smart Card Technology and CA - National Informatics Center, India
- Chris Onyemenam, Director General, National Identity Management Commission, Nigeria
During the event, three conference streams will focus on critical solution areas- the Citizen ID Forum, the Transportation Security Forum and the Asset Tracking Forum, while vertical conferences will provide fresh application insights into areas such as transactions, ticketing, shipping services, healthcare, retail and banking, along with three special initiatives addressing specific target audiences - Postal Innovation, HealthTech Innovation and the NFC Academy.
³One of the strongest areas of ID WORLD Rio de Janeiro¹s investigation is Emerging Countries, and we decided for Brazil as the location for our inaugural Americas summit for it is only appropriate that identity challenges (as well as other issues) of emerging regions are discussed in the setting of an emerging country,² says Sophie B. de la Giroday, President of Wise Media. ³The investigation we are carrying out on the multi-faceted aspects of identity in its different contexts could not be more timely if we consider the agenda and priorities of so many public and private organizations today, as the wave of digitalization is transforming the security, traceability and service infrastructure all around the world. Our inaugural Americas Summit will connect decision makers engaged in today¹s projects, bringing public sector representatives, postal operators, transportation, healthcare, retail, banking industry representatives as well as several other key decision makers together at the table of innovation.²
The exclusive formula of ID WORLD Events will be brought to the Latin American region for the first time, creating top level networking opportunities and granting intimacy with key decision makers of today¹s major projects involving security, mobility and traceability technologies.
Active participation within the ID WORLD community will support the creation of new relations and drive the market via the thought leadership of a world-class symposium. ID WORLD Rio de Janeiro 2011 invites government representatives, law enforcement and border control authorities, cargo and passenger carriers, hub and transportation authorities, banks, retailers, telecom operators, oil and gas companies, logistics and postal services operators and healthcare providers, as well as auto ID vendors and security providers, to discuss strategies in enhancing the reliability of our security and ICT infrastructures as well as plans in adopting smart technologies to achieve security and mobility.
ID WORLD Rio de Janeiro will also host a two-day exhibition with leading players in the region communicating their solutions for ICT-driven innovation application. The event takes place at the Orthon Palace Hotel, Rio de Janeiro, on June 21 and 22, 2011.
About ID WORLD Rio de Janeiro
ID WORLD Rio de Janeiro 2011 - the annual Americas Summit on security and mobility, takes place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on June 21 22. The event hosts the Citizen ID Forum, (www.citizen-id.com
Discussions will continue at the 10th ID WORLD International Congress in Milan, Italy on November 2-4 (www.idworldonline.com).