Wick Hill Now Shipping WatchGuard’s New Mobile Security Appliances
New WatchGuard SSL VPN stand alone security appliances give remote and mobile workers highly secure remote connectivity
Ian Kilpatrick, chairman of Wick Hill, WatchGuard s largest worldwide distributor, commented: "Remote and mobile working is continuing to mushroom with over 70% of businesses using it. That growth generates significant and increasing demand for easy, fast, inexpensive and secure access to company networks. WatchGuard s SSL provides a solution that not only supersedes historic SSL solutions, but also provides first-rate connectivity and security features."
WatchGuard SSL 1000 and 500 stand alone appliances For enterprise organisations that need to provide highly secure remote connectivity for a myriad of mobile devices and platforms, the WatchGuard SSL 1000 and 500 are highly secure remote access solutions that utilise web browsers or thin clients, end-point integrity checking, network interface control, as well as virtual desktops and session cleanup, to deliver business applications right to the user for maximum productivity. Unlike competitive SSL VPN appliances, the WatchGuard SSL 1000 and 500 deliver the most comprehensive array of authentication, identity management and security features, as well as support for the broadest number of devices, giving companies the most secure remote access solution via the broadest set of access options.
World renowned for award-winning unified threat management (UTM) network security solutions, WatchGuard is leveraging its security heritage and advanced technology leadership to forge cutting-edge stand alone appliance that incorporate cutting-edge security with the functionality of UTM appliances. The new SSL 1000 and 500 devices work side-by-side with WatchGuard UTM products, or can be deployed in a mixed, heterogeneous network environment.
Key features & benefits Multiple features make the new WatchGuard SSL VPN appliances ideal for mobile-rich, heterogeneous application environments. Key features include:
* Clientless SSL VPN Access - eliminates hassles of having to install proprietary software on every client device, while giving employees full remote access to all their applications;
* Strong Authentication - allows administrators to use SMS and software-based two-factor authentication, as well as 14 additional methods of authentication, including token support for RSA, VASCO and VeriSign, which builds on IT investment protection for superior network security;
* Single Sign On - allows users to seamlessly access information without having to repeatedly re-authenticate, which reduces help desk issues and enables users to be more productive;
* Federated Identity - allows for sophisticated environments, such as business-to-business networks or company/departmental relationships, to give users seamless access to multiple or disparate resources;
* Endpoint Integrity - examines every user device before it connects to the network, which reduces risk and provides for contiguous integrity and enforcement of security policies;
* Administrative & Management features - with real-time scanning capabilities, automatic session cleanup, ActiveX and Java client support, as well as consolidated and comprehensive audit capabilities, administrators will appreciate having full control over remote workers.
Price and availability
WatchGuard SSL 1000 and 500 appliances are available now from accredited Wick Hill resellers from GBP 1995.
As an incentive, WatchGuard will include its new SSL VPN appliances as part of its appealing "Trade Up" program that gives generous discounts to WatchGuard customers with legacy systems looking to upgrade, as well as to customers with competitive products who are looking for a superior price/performance alterative. The deal is so attractive that Wick Hill has already completed a number of competitive trade-up deals.
About WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
Since 1996, WatchGuard® Technologies, Inc. has been the advanced technology leader of network security solutions, providing mission-critical security to hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. The WatchGuard Firebox® X family of wired and wireless unified threat management appliances and WatchGuard SSL VPN remote access solutions provide extensible network security, unparalleled network visibility, management and control. WatchGuard products are backed by WatchGuard LiveSecurity® Service, an innovative support, maintenance, and education program. WatchGuard is headquartered in Seattle and has offices serving North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. To learn more, visit www.watchguard.com.
WatchGuard, Firebox, and LiveSecurity are registered trademarks of WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. All other marks are property of their respective owners.
 70% figure from a report by analyst house Quocirca.
Wick Hill Kommunikationstechnik GmbH
Established in 1976, value added distributor Wick Hill specialises in secure infrastructure solutions. The company's portfolio covers security, performance, access, services and management. Wick Hill sources and delivers best-of-breed, easy-to-use solutions through its channel partners, providing customer support, implementation, technical services and authorised training courses.The company works closely with vendors and its portfolio includes solutions from leading names such as WatchGuard, Check Point, VASCO, Allot, Imprivata, Finjan, Utimaco and Kaspersky. Wick Hill Ltd is part of Wick Hill Group, based in Woking, Surrey with sister offices in Hamburg. Users of products sourced through Wick Hill include most of the Times Top 1000 companies.