60327 Frankfurt am Main, de
+33 (1) 474285-07
World Newspaper Congress: the Future of the Internet, Future of Journalism
They will discuss the future of the Internet and the future of journalism at the annual summit meeting of the world's newspapers and news publishers. More than 1,200 publishers, chief editors and other senior news media executives are already registered for the 65th World Newspaper Congress, 20th World Editors Forum and 23rd World Advertising Forum, which will run concurrently in Bangkok.
There is still time to join them; full details can be found at http://www.wan-ifra.org/bangkok2013
Internet pioneer Steve Crocker will discuss issues including the future of the Internet, Internet security and media issues in the digital age. Media consultant, journalism professor and BuzzMachine commentator Jeff Jarvis, author of "What Would Google Do?" and "Public Parts", will discuss the impact of the new media economy on the way news is produced and monetized.
Other additions to the programme include Mario Calabresi, Editor in Chief of Italy's La Stampa, who will discuss innovative newsroom organisation, and Peter Kvarnstrom, President of BC Community Media at Glacier Media, which has made 40 newspaper and other titles interactive with augmented reality to increase engagement and advertising revenues.
Other speakers include:
- Khun Yingluck Shinawatra, Prime Minister of Thailand;
- Kevin Beatty, the CEO of dmg media, which includes the Daily Mail and Metro in the United Kingdom;
- Robin Hu, CEO of the South China Morning Post in Hong Kong and formerly Senior Executive Vice President of Singapore Press Holdings, where he headed the Chinese newspaper division;
- David Rowan, Editor of Wired magazine in the United Kingdom and a well-known expert on future trends;
- Robert Dickey, President of the Community Publishing Division of the United States' largest newspaper chain, Gannett, Inc., publisher of USA Today;
- Tobias Trevisan, Managing Director of the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, one of Germany's leading dailies;
- Javier Moreno Barber, Editor of El País, who has taken the prestigious Spanish daily through significant economic and editorial change;
- Supakorn Vejjajiva, President and Chief Operating Office of Post Publishing in Thailand, publisher of the Bangkok Post, which is about to launch its second daily, Post Today, a Thai-language business newspaper;
- Scott Lamb, the Editorial Editor of Buzzfeed, a site which has received a vast amount of attention in recent months for its addictive and highly shareable content, and its mastery of the native advertising;
- Eduardo Sirotzky Melzer, CEO of RBS Group, a leading Brazilian regional multimedia group;
- John Stackhouse, Editor-in-chief of Canada's national newspaper, The Globe & Mail;
- Wong Chun Wai, Executive Director and Group Chief Editor of The Star, the largest English daily in Malaysia;
- Guy Crevier, President of Canada's French-language newspaper of record, La Presse;
- Johnny Ryan, Chief Innovation Officer of The Irish Times;
- and many others! Full details at http://www.wan-ifra.org/bangkok2013
The Congress, which takes the theme, "Innovate. Inspire. Interact," focuses on news media strategy and business issues. The Editors Forum examines newsroom issues in the transformational age, while the Advertising Forum deals with organisation of sales departments, research, sales techniques and trends in media advertising. Delegates can attend any of the conferences and sessions with a single registration.
Alongside the Congress, Editors Forum and Advertising Forum, Info Services Expo 2013 will present innovative solutions from the international suppliers' community. The exhibition offers visitors the opportunity to meet the leading suppliers to the newspaper industry and discover cutting-edge products, services and technologies.
As always, the events are accompanied by an array of social events, gala dinners and lunches and are considered to be the premier opportunity to meet colleagues from around the world.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.