Ready to Go!
International Newspaper Color Quality Club 2010-2012
Besides the registration form, also available on the website www.colorqualityclub.org is all information in relation to the competition, including the Study Tour (visiting members of the Color Quality Club 2008-2010 in three countries), the "Color - Quality - Production" Conference as well as the Tutorials for preparing participation in the INCQC competition. The "INCQC 2010-2012" brochure is available also for downloading free of charge.
A video gives you a compact overview both of the steps to be taken at the newspaper as well as the measurements subsequently carried out in the IFRA laboratory to evaluate the printed samples.
The most important data and facts concerning the competition
- Participants who register by 16 October 2009 (cut-off date) can request a free test evaluation.
- Between January and April 2010 monthly test prints must be produced and several copies submitted to IFRA for evaluation - intermediate evaluations give guidance.
- For the first time, the competition is open to all newspapers. This is made possible by the inclusion of new categories that cover all production processes and materials used.
- Club membership is contingent on reaching a minimum number of points - the former limitation to the 50 newspapers with the best results no longer applies.
- The new INCQC 2010-2012 members will be confirmed with the mailing of the final evaluations in June 2010. They will be presented at IFRA Expo (4 - 6 October 2010 in Hamburg).
Participation fees and discounts The regular participation fee is EUR 2400; IFRA members as well as members of the NAA and PANPA newspaper publishers' associations pay half price. Eligible for an additional discount are all newspapers that have participated already in one of the standardisation programs initiated by IFRA: ACER (Latin America), CINCO (Spain), CQ2 (Italy), ICONS (India), KWIK (The Netherlands), SNAP (U.S.A.), SINCOL (South-East Europe) and QUIZ (Germany). The fee for them is EUR 800.
As in previous years, IFRA is again pleased to offer special INCQC tutorials in 2009:
- on 8 June in Darmstadt, Germany, in the German language;
- on 9 June in Darmstadt, Germany, in the English language;
- on 13 July in Hyderabad, India, in the English language.
About the International Newspaper Color Quality Club
The International Newspaper Color Quality Club (www.colorqualityclub.org) is the only worldwide quality printing competition for newspapers. It has been organised every two-years since 1994 by IFRA with the support of the newspaper associations ASIG (Association of Italian Newspaper Printers), ATDL (Technical Association of Latin American Newspapers), NAA (North America, www.naa.org) and PANPA (Australia, www.panpa.org.au) as well as ZMG Zeitungs Marketing Gesellschaft (Germany, www.zmg.de).
IFRA (www.ifra.com) is the worldwide research and service organisation for the news publishing industry. With headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany, it has acted since 1961 as the platform for decision-makers from the newspaper industry. IFRA offers its services primarily to its more than 3100 members in nearly 80 countries. A Board, comprising publishers as well as central, regional and specialised committees drawn from IFRA member companies, steers the work of the international newspaper community. IFRA's research work provides the basis for this and results in standardisation projects as well as international and regional exhibitions, conferences, workshops, study tours, training events, Newsplex consulting and international competitions. The IFRA Expo - "the annual event of the news publishing industry" - held at major European venues, is the world's most important trade exhibition for newspaper companies and their partners. IFRA Expo 2009 will be held from 12 to 15 October in Vienna (www.ifraexpo.com). IFRA Magazine, the international magazine of newspaper business, strategy and technology, is published in several languages in both print and online versions (www.iframagazine.com). IFRA is also running IFRA Search, a vertical search engine for the news publishing industry (www.ifrasearch.com).