60327 Frankfurt am Main, de
+49 (6151) 733-792
All you need to know about mobile e-reading and other electronic mobile devices
IFRA organises an international e-reading conference on 18 and 19 September 2008 in Paris
The development of thin and flexible electronic reading devices is expanding world-wide. In a few years time we will see a growing market for this convenient and environmentally friendly way of reading books, news and documents. As the market is growing, publishers need to explore the opportunities for business in this new distribution channel and to understand this transition. What offering? what content? what navigation and what design? which services to build on the new functions of these electronic tools?
Following topics are included:
- Understanding business and technology for the new generation of e-paper devices;
- Existing solutions in the market;
- Digital information technologies: current situation, expectations and mass market success factors e-reading;
- Using a web-print model in different ways.
Various international experts will contribute to this event:
- Svenake Bostrom, Media Development Manager, Sundsvalls Tidning, Sweden;
- Carina Ihlstrom Eriksson, Assistant Professor, Halmstad University, Sweden;
- Philippe Jannet, Electronic Publishing Editor, Les Echos, France;
- Karl McGoldrick, CEO, Polymer Vision, The Netherlands;
- Dao Nguyen, General Director, Le Monde interactif, France;
- Stig Nordqvist, Director Digital Media Research, IFRA, Sweden;
- Alan Rosenfeld, Business Development Manager, Design & Publishing, EMEA, Apple, United Kingdom;
- Igor Smirnoff, Director Strategic Development, PressDisplay, Canada.
Registration and information
The conference will take place in Les Salons de l'Aveyron, Paris.The presentations will be translated simultaneously into English and French.
- EUR 990 ex tax for IFRA members,
- EUR 1290 ex tax for IFRA non members.
If three persons from the same company register to attend the conference, a 50 % discount will be granted for the third person registered.
Fees include registration for the conference, teaching material, coffee breaks, meals, Get Together on Thursday 18 September, and translations.
Participants can register on the website www.ifra.com/events or by sending a fax to +33.4.88679823.
This seminar is organised by IFRA South West Europe (SWE: 66, Cours Charlemagne - 69002 Lyon).
Contact Sandrine Proton at +33.4.72770595 for all additional information.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.