TNT to acquire Brazilian delivery partner Expresso Araçatuba

(PresseBox) ( Amsterdam, )
TNT announces the signing of an agreement to acquire Expresso Araçatuba Transportes e Logística S.A., a key delivery partner of TNT Mercúrio in Brazil's Central West and North regions since 2001. TNT will acquire 100% control of the company with effect from the closing date of the transaction. The total acquisition price on a cash and debt free basis is EUR 54 million, with the share purchase split into two stages. The initial purchase of 51% of the shares for EUR 25.8 million will be made in May 2009. The purchase of the remaining 49% of the shares for EUR 24.8 million will be made a year later, in May 2010. The closing of the transaction is foreseen at the beginning of May 2009.

This acquisition is a logical next step to building a pan-Brazilian network. On top of strengthening TNT's position in the Brazilian domestic market, it provides a foundation for further development of transport flows between Brazil, Chile and Argentina.

Sao Paulo-based Expresso Araçatuba is a well-managed family-owned company founded in 1952. The company had a revenue of BRL 294.5 million (about EUR 101.6 million) and EBITDA of BRL 15.3 million (EUR 5.3 million) in 2008. It offers express transportation - mainly by road - from the South and South East of Brazil to the highly attractive North and Central West regions, home to the continent's largest concentration of pharmaceutical companies and large manufacturing plants. It employs about 2,200 people and operates 1,000 vehicles and 40 depots.

"This is great news for our customers, as it enhances TNT's value proposition by creating a seamless nationwide capability," said Curtis Watson, Regional Managing Director, Latin America. "Customers in Brazil can now benefit from TNT's broad range of services and domestic and regional coverage via the South American Road Network."
Für die oben stehenden Pressemitteilungen, das angezeigte Event bzw. das Stellenangebot sowie für das angezeigte Bild- und Tonmaterial ist allein der jeweils angegebene Herausgeber (siehe Firmeninfo bei Klick auf Bild/Meldungstitel oder Firmeninfo rechte Spalte) verantwortlich. Dieser ist in der Regel auch Urheber der Pressetexte sowie der angehängten Bild-, Ton- und Informationsmaterialien.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an