Two new TMS320C550x(TM) low power DSPs from Texas Instruments offer up to 40 percent additional battery life for voice, biometrics, medical and other portable devices
The TMS320VC5505 and TMS320VC5504 DSPs offer higher integration reducing system cost by more than 20 percent for portable applications
The C5505 DSP, running at 100 MHz, offers the right combination of performance, standby and active power levels for end equipments such as noise-cancellation headphones, musical instruments, medical monitoring, biometrics and seismic detectors. For end equipments such as portable voice recorders, MP3 players and other emerging portable applications that do not require as much on-chip memory, an integrated display controller or FFT hardware acceleration, the C5504 DSP provides an even lower cost solution. The lower cost C5504 is pin-to-pin and software compatible with the C5505 device and offers the same power efficiency and performance with a reduced peripheral set.
To help customers get started quickly, TI is also announcing the C5505 DSP EVM that can be used with both the C5505 and C5504 processors and comes ready with application demos and code. For more information, visit: (www.ti.com/c550xpr).
C5504 DSP key features and benefits:
- Highly-integrated peripherals - including a high-speed USB 2.0, I2S, UART, SPI, MMC/SD and GPIOs - reduce system cost and enable more user-friendly portable features
- Up to 256 KB of on-chip memory saves both power and system cost by reducing the need for external memory
C5505 DSP key features and benefits:
- C5505 builds on C5504 with an additional 64kB on-chip memory (320KB total)
- Up to 1024-point programmable FFT hardware accelerator
- Integrated LCD display controller and 10-bit 4-channel SAR ADC - reduce system cost and enable more user-interactive portable features
- Scalable and pin-to-pin compatible with C5504 allowing for the ability to design an entire product portfolio using the same hardware and software platform
Pricing, availability and tools
The TMS320VC5505 is available for sampling and is priced at USD $6.75 in quantities of 1,000 units (1ku). The TMS320VC5504 DSP is available for sampling and is priced at USD $5.60 in quantities of 1,000 units. To jumpstart development, developers can use the C5505 DSP EVM, which is available today and priced at USD $395.00 and includes Code Composer Studio(TM) IDE Rev. 3.3. The C5505 and C5504 are the latest devices in TI's existing portfolio of approximately 34 parts. To continue it's commitment to the market, TI is planning additional silicon, development resources, demo platforms and software libraries for customers looking for more application specific solutions.
With an extensive portfolio of low power DSPs, including the lowest standby power DSPs from the C5000 portfolio to the ultra-low power microcontrollers, the lowest power floating point DSPs and power management solutions in analog, TI continues to lead the market with innovative energy-efficient technology across its entire portfolio.
Find out more about TI's extensive C550x DSP portfolio by visiting the links below:
- C5505 product folder: www.ti.com/c5505-prprod
- C5504 product folder: www.ti.com/c5504-prprod
- C5505 tech briefs: www.ti.com/c5505-etd
- C5504 tech briefs: www.ti.com/c5504-etd
- C550x training: www.ti.com/c550x-prtraining
- C550x product bulletin: www.ti.com/c550x-prprodbulletin
- C550x FAQ: www.ti.com/c5505-prfaq
- C5505 EVM: www.ti.com/c5505-prevm
- DSP selection tool: www.ti.com/c550x-prdsptool
- TI E2E community and support: www.ti.com/c550x-prcommunity
- Follow TI on Twitter: www.ti.com/txinstumentstwitter
TMS320C55x, C550x and Code Composer Studio are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Meltdown-Patch legt vereinzelt Rechner, Antivirus, Treiber, Apps und Browser lahm
Der Notfall-Patch von Microsoft, der gegen die Angriffsmethoden Meltdown und Spectre wappnen soll, geht mit technischen Problemen einher. Vereinzelte AMD-Rechner, Browser, Treiber und Apps können betroffen sein.Weiterlesen