85356 Freising, de
+49 (89) 23031-623
Texas Instruments supports ZigBee Alliance plan to integrate Internet Protocol standards for smart energy applications
"The ZigBee Alliance decision to expand its leading wireless networking standard to incorporate IP standards will solidify and accelerate developments and innovation of rapidly growing smart grid applications," said Laurent Giai-Miniet, general manager of TI's Low-Power RF business. "TI is a leading supplier in this market segment and will continue to invest in solutions for smart energy. TI is also the only supplier that can deliver solutions for ZigBee in all market segments with ZigBee PRO, RF4CE, Smart Energy profile and IP."
"Our Energy Sector members have been looking for a coupling of ZigBee's established, respected and mature wireless standards with native IP capabilities and IETF support," said Bob Heile, chairman of the ZigBee Alliance. "This move addresses that need and will further position ZigBee as a leading solution for a variety of smart grid efforts underway around the world."
TI's commitment and investment in low-power wireless:
- TI has championed the evolution of all ZigBee software specifications, including ZigBee 04, ZigBee 06, ZigBee PRO and the recently announced ZigBee RF4CE
- As a ZigBee Alliance promoter, TI has been deeply involved in the technical development of the popular ZigBee Smart Energy public application profile
- TI has participated in ZigBee Smart Energy interoperability testing since inception and was among the first awarded Golden Unit status
- In 2008, TI joined the IPSO Alliance, which was formed to promote the Internet Protocol as the network technology of choice for connecting smart objects around the world
- TI has developed partnerships with IP-based third parties to provide solutions on TI platforms
- TI also supports open source IP-based software stack that enables the integration of IPV6-based applications, such as web servers
The incorporation of global IT standards from the IETF with the wide range of existing ZigBee public application profiles will empower the ZigBee user community to develop innovative solutions for wireless sensor networking devices and link them through a scalable utility IT network.
TI's leading RF hardware and software expertise will be critical in the definition and development of the new specification. TI will continue to collaborate within the technical working groups and announce new and innovative products for smart grid applications.
Find out more about TI's low-power RF portfolio at the link below:
- TI's low-power RF portfolio and selection guide: www.ti.com/lprf-pr
ZigBee: Control your world
ZigBee is the global wireless language connecting dramatically different devices to work together and enhance everyday life. The ZigBee Alliance is a non-profit association of more than 300 member companies driving development of ZigBee wireless technology. The Alliance promotes world-wide adoption of ZigBee as the leading wirelessly networked, sensing and control standard for use in energy, home, commercial and industrial areas. For more information, visit: www.zigbee.org.
ZigBee is a registered trademark of the ZigBee Alliance. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.