Texas Instruments introduces first SuperSpeed USB-compliant transceiver test chip
Transceiver to be shown at the USB Developers Conference will help speed implementation of SuperSpeed USB
The new SuperSpeed USB transceiver and Synopsys' intellectual property (IP) digital controller tested successfully at the USB-IF SuperSpeed Peripheral Interoperability Lab. "Demonstrating interoperability between Synopsys' DesignWare SuperSpeed USB digital controller and TI's USB transceiver gives designers confidence that the IP functions successfully in a real-world system environment," said John Koeter, vice president of marketing for the Solutions Group at Synopsys. "Synopsys and TI are working together to help advance new technology into the market quickly, while minimizing risk and speeding time-to-market."
- Integrated spread spectrum PLL
- Supports multiple input reference frequencies: 20 MHz, 25 MHz, 30 MHz and 40 MHz
- PIPE3 and ULPI compliant interfaces
- Tested successfully at the USB-IF PIL
- Programmable transmitter pre-emphasis
- Best-in-class adaptive receiver equalizer
- Saves system cost by eliminating the need for an external spread spectrum clocking device
- Interoperability across a wide selection of ASIC / FPGA platforms eases designs by allowing designers to work with the same USB device, regardless of the processor platform
The first in TI's SuperSpeed USB family of devices, the TUSB1310, SuperSpeed USB transceiver, will sample in 4Q09 and volume production is expected in 1Q10. In addition, evaluation modules will be available to interface the TUSB1310 to a variety of processor and FPGA implementations.
Find out more about TI's SuperSpeed USB technology by visiting the links below:
- For more information on USB technology: www.ti.com/usb-pr
- See TI's wide-ranging interface portfolio and selection guide: www.ti.com/interface-pr
- Get questions answered on TI's E2E online community: http://community.ti.com
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Alain Andreoli: „Es geht nur mit Versuch und Irrtum“
Hybride IT von der physischen Infrastruktur bis zum Management und Service ist ein Schwerpunkt von HPE. Ariane Rüdiger sprach mit Alain Andreoli, Senior Vice President und Geschäftsführer der Hybrid IT Group, über jüngste Umstrukturierungen und die jetzige Strategie. Unter anderem interessant: Der Ausstieg von HPE aus dem Segment ´Hardware für Hyperscaler".Weiterlesen