Texas Instruments delivers up to 30 percent higher performance for data-intensive applications with new 1.2 GHz C64x+ DSP
Memory, cache and process node enhancements provide a cost-efficient performance boost for system savings and greater design flexibility
C6457 key features and benefits
- Based on TI's industry-leading 1.2 GHz TMS320C64x+(TM) DSP core, the C6457 delivers 9,600 (16-bit) MMACS of peak performance for a cycle for cycle performance improvement of up to 30 percent.
- Performance improvements enabled by 2 MB of on-chip L2 memory (up to 1 MB cacheable), faster 32-bit DDR2 EMIF (667 MHz) and memory, cache and bus architecture enhancements. This gives customers the flexibility to add more channels to their designs as well as increased headroom for additional application features.
- High-speed interconnect available with Serial RapidIO (SRIO) and Gigabit Ethernet MAC serializer/deserializer (SERDES) interfaces for efficient inter-processor communications.
- On-chip acceleration for telecommunications applications with two Turbo-Decoder Coprocessors (TCP2) and one Viterbi Coprocessor (VCP2). This increases channel decoding operations to offload the DSP core, allowing more channels on a single processor for system cost savings.
- Backwards code compatible with other high performance C64x DSPs to enable legacy code reuse for a significantly shorter development cycle and increased design flexibility.
Pricing, availability, tools and support
- TMX320C6457 samples are available today from TI and TI authorized distributors in a 23 x 23 mm BGA package. Pricing for the 1.2 GHz version is 146 USD and the 1 GHz version is 112 USD (both in 1K unit volume).
Developers can get started with the C6457 Evaluation Module (EVM). This easy-to-use development tool includes two on-board C6457 processors, high-speed DSP interconnect with Gigabit Ethernet MAC and Serial RapidIO SERDES interfaces, embedded JTAG emulation with an XDS560T trace pod header and a board-specific Code Composer Studio(TM) Integrated Development Environment. It also includes several TI analog power management devices and a clock driver to improve system performance. Order entry is open for the TMDXEVM6457 at $1995 USD (www.ti.com/c6457evm).
Find out more about the C6457 digital signal processor or TI's high performance portfolio of products by visiting the links below:
- TMS320C6457 general information: www.ti.com/c6457
- TMS320C6457 product folder: www.ti.com/c6457pf
- TMS320C6457 EVM: www.ti.com/c6457evm
- DSP selection tool: www.ti.com/dsptool
- Learn more about TI's high performance processors, including the C6457 and how to achieve faster performance with Serial RapidIO, at the TI Technology Day San Jose, April 1 - 2. Register now at http://www.ti.com/techdays2009.
- System block diagrams featuring the C6457: High-Speed Data Acquisition Front End and Ultrasound System
- Complementary Analog power solutions: www.ti.com/processorpower
- TI's embedded processors: www.ti.com/processorspr
- TI E2E Community and support: http://community.ti.com/forums
- Follow TI on Twitter: www.twitter.com/txinstruments
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
TMS320C64x+ and Code Composer Studio are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Künstliche Intelligenz treibt Nachfrage nach Speichern mit hoher Bandbreite
Immer schnellere Prozessoren und fordernde Anwendungen wie maschinelles Lernen bringen bisherige Mainstream-Speicher an ihre Grenzen. Der Ruf nach Highspeed-Memory wird immer lauter.Weiterlesen