85356 Freising, de
+49 (89) 23031-624
Texas Instruments announces new 720 MHz OMAP3530 processor targeted at multimedia applications
Speed upgrades on both the ARM® Cortex™-A8 and TMS320C64x+™ DSP give designers more headroom to add features and custom software
720 MHz OMAP3530 processor key features and benefits:
- 720 MHz ARM Cortex-A8 core provides 1400 Dhrystone million instructions per second (MIPS)
- 520 MHz C64x+(TM) DSP provides more headroom to optimize quality audio and video codecs and custom IP
- POWERVR SGX(TM) subsystem for 3D graphics acceleration to support display and gaming effects
- Comprehensive power and clock-management scheme that enables high-performance, low-power operation and low-power standby features
- Pin-for-pin compatible with TI's OMAP35x devices makes it easy for OEMs to efficiently create a complete product portfolio based on the single platform
OMAP3530 EVM key features and benefits:
- Based on the 720 MHz OMAP3530 processor and can also be used to evaluate the OMAP3503, OMAP3515 and OMAP3525
- Ability to run full-featured operating systems, such as Windows® Embedded CE and Linux
- New S-Video/Component/Composite input, S-Video output
- Features TI's TVP5146 analog-to-digital video decoder
- TI integrated power management ICs, OMAP3530 power requirements and design considerations: www.ti.com/omap3530power-pr.
The OMAP3530 at 720 MHz, available in multiple package size options, as well as the OMAP3530 EVM are now available at www.ti.com/omap35x. In addition to the new 720 MHz devices, developers can continue to take advantage of the OMAP3530 at 600MHz.
Find out more about TI's OMAP3530 processor and EVM by visiting the links below:
- OMAP3530 product folder: http://www.ti.com/OMAP3530perf-increase-prprod
- OMAP3530 EVM: http://www.ti.com/OMAP3530perf-increase-prtools
- OMAP3530 datasheet: http://www.ti.com/OMAP3530perf-increase-prdatasheet
- TI E2E community for OMAP: http://www.ti.com/OMAP3530perf-increase-prcommunity
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.