85356 Freising, de
+49 (89) 23031-626
TI's new Multi-DC/DC Color LED Kit delivers more design flexibility for lighting systems that require a variety of LED types and string lengths
Complete, easy-to-use kit enables developers to leverage C2000(TM) real-time control microcontrollers to innovate feature-laden, intelligent automotive and stage lighting applications
C2000 MCU Multi-DC/DC Color LED Kit key features and benefits (TMDSRGBLEDKIT)
- Eight separate digitally controlled DC/DC power stages allow developers to adjust current levels to control color and brightness of individual strings
- Two SEPIC stages support white LEDs and six boost power stages support color mixing for RGB LED strings by providing individual current control of the red, green, and blue color components
- Piccolo F28027 controlCARD provides 60MHz of 32-bit performance, 8 PWM channels, and a 13-channel 12-bit ADC to support robust and highly flexible LED designs
- Graphical user interface (GUI) simplifies the evaluation process by providing simplified control to adjust power stage current levels for experimentation with brightness and color mixing
- Software configurable maximum current allows for simple field upgrades and offers flexibility to adjust power stages in software as opposed to time-intensive redesign of system hardware
- Onboard isolated XDS100 USB JTAG emulation simplifies debugging and programming while reducing system cost
- Free, easy-to-use controlSUITE(TM) software includes examples for closed loop average current control of DC/DC power and LED driver stages, as well as detailed lab documentation of software structure and functionality
- Leading TI signal chain integration, including power MOSFET drivers, operational amplifiers, plug-in power module, and low-dropout regulator (LDO)
Pricing and availability
The new C2000 MCU Multi-DC/DC Color LED Kit (part number: TMDSRGBLEDKIT) is priced at $499 US and is immediately available for order at www.ti.com/rgb-led-pr-es. The kit includes Code Composer Studio(TM) integrated development environment with no compiler or memory limitations.
TI's broad portfolio of MCUs and software
From general purpose, ultra-low power MSP430(TM) MCUs, to Stellaris® Cortex-M3-based 32-bit MCUs and high performance, real-time control TMS320C2000 MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
Find out more about TI's Multi-DC/DC Color LED Kit and support by visiting the links below:
- Multi-DC/DC Color LED Kit: www.ti.com/rgb-led-pr-tf
- Video overview of Multicolor LED Developer's Kit: www.ti.com/rgb-led-pr-v
- LED Reference Design Cookbook: www.ti.com/rgb-led-pr-mc
- Multi-String LED Driver block diagram: www.ti.com/rgb-led-pr-ee
- General lighting block diagram: www.ti.com/rgb-led-pr-ee
- TI lighting solutions: www.ti.com/rgb-led-pr-ledlp
- controlSUITE software: www.ti.com/rgb-led-pr-sw
- TI's microcontroller portfolio: www.ti.com/rgb-led-pr-mculp
- TI eStore: www.ti.com/rgb-led-pr-es
C2000 is a trademark of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.