TI to demonstrate uncompressed CD-quality wireless audio technology at CES
PurePath(TM) Wireless features robust, low-latency digital wireless audio transmission for consumer audio applications
Key features and benefits
- High qualityofservice for digital wireless audio transmission
- Lower latency than WLANbased solutions for better synchronization between audio and video.
- No unwanted noise (clicks or pops) and low MTBD (mean time between dropout) compared to existing solutions.
- None of the sound distortion typically found in competing proprietary systems using compression techniques.
- Supports 16bit, 44.1-KHz or 48-KHz audio without any compression.
- Excellent coexistence with Bluetooth®, WLAN and other 2.4-GHz devices.
- Fast timetomarket and flexible, costeffective solution
- Singlechip IC with builtin RF protocol and audio codec setup. No software development required.
- No microcontroller required. CC85xx can configure external audio codecs and control human interface.
- Application reference designs and easytouse designer's tool.
- Compatible with wide variety of TI audio codecs (TLV320AIC3101), digitaltoanalog converters (PCM1774), analogtodigital converters (PCM1870A) and digital audio amplifiers (TPA6140A2, TAS5708) using I2S and I2C interface support.
CC85xx family availability
The twochannel CC8520 will be sampling and in volume production in March 2010. Future devices in the family will include the CC8521 (two channels with USB), CC8530 (three channels) and CC8531 (three channels with USB).
The devices will be packaged in a ROHScompliant 6 mm x 6 mm QFN-40. TI will support these devices with comprehensive demonstration kits, reference designs and tools that provide all the hardware and software necessary to evaluate the CC85xx devices:
- PCbased PurePath(TM) Wireless configuration tool.
- CC8520DK audio development kit.
- CC8520DK-HEADSET wireless headset reference design.
Learn more about TI's lowpower RF and audio portfolios at the links below:
- TI's lowpower RF portfolio and selection guide: www.ti.com/lprfpr
- TI's lowpower RF E2E online community: www.ti.com/lprfforum.
- TI's audio portfolio and solutions guide: www.ti.com/audio.
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Die IT-Ausgaben steigen weiter
Gartner schätzt, dass die weltweiten IT-Ausgaben in diesem Jahr auf 3,683 Billionen Dollar ansteigen werden. Alleine für Kommunikationsservices sollen fast 1,4 Milliarden Dollar ausgegeben werden.Weiterlesen