TI introduces scalable family of integrated codecs and DACs for enhanced audio features in eBooks
Key features and benefits of the codecs and DACs
- The devices integrate Class-D speaker amplifiers with up to 2.5 W of output power, eliminating the need for multiple resistors and capacitors between the codec and speaker amp for reduced component count and system cost when compared to discrete implementations.
- Pintopin and software compatibility make it easy for manufacturers to develop a common product platform that can generate multiple differentiated end products without having to invest engineering resources to redesign the board or software drivers.
- The products support analog and digital microphones. Customers using digital microphones in conjunction with these devices can achieve up to 10dB or greater systemlevel noise immunity versus competitive solutions, critical for a high quality audio experience in portable designs.
- The new devices enable designers to implement enhanced audio features: 3D to increase the spatial sweet spot of compact consumer electronics products; dynamic range compression to automatically adjust the audio to the desired loudness range while protecting the speaker and preventing clipping and distortion; and multiple biquads to equalize the speaker or microphone. In addition, the TLV320AIC3111, TLV320AIC3120 and TLV320DAC3120 integrate a fully programmable miniDSP with up to 50 MIPS, allowing users to write custom algorithms to further differentiate their devices.
- Part of TI's complete system solution for eBooks including applications processors and wireless connectivity, display, power and battery management integrated circuits (ICs).
Availability and pricing
The audio codecs and DACs are available today in 32pin QFN packages. Suggested resale pricing in 1,000 unit quantities is $1.95 (TLV320AIC3100), $2.25 (TLV320AIC3110), $2.95 (TLV320AIC3111), $2.25 (TLV320AIC3120), $1.75 (TLV320DAC3101), $1.45 (TLV320DAC3100), $1.75 (TLV320DAC3120).
Find out more about TI's audio portfolio:
- Order samples: www.ti.com/tlv320aic3100-pr and www.ti.com/tlv320dac3101-pr.
- View the eBook system block diagram: www.ti.com/ebook.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow audio engineers on the TI E2ETM Community: www.ti.com/audioforum-pr.
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Elektrotechnik":
Unternehmen suchen Unterstützung bei der Digitalisierung
Eine Umfrage des Digitalverbands Bitkom ergab, dass fast jedes zweite Unternehmen (43 Prozent) externe Beratung in Anspruch nimmt, um die Digitalisierung voranzutreiben.Weiterlesen