New Eclipse-based Code Composer Studio(TM) IDE from Texas Instruments enables customers to develop embedded applications for less than $100
CCStudio v4 is compatible across multiple processors in TI's broad embedded portfolio, including microcontrollers, digital signal processors and ARM-based OMAP(TM) application processors. This supplies a common environment that simplifies development across a host of processor types. The IDE offers a number of low cost JTAG options including an XDS100 class emulator and corresponding CCStudio license for less than $100, which provides a low-cost entry point for development and allows users to later upgrade to higher performance debug solutions if necessary.
The open source Eclipse framework is quickly becoming the industry standard for IDEs, providing an excellent software architecture where developers can leverage the existing Eclipse community and the integration of a wide selection of third party plug-ins to speed troubleshooting, analysis and profiling of embedded designs. CCStudio v4 combines the advantages of the Eclipse framework with advanced embedded debugging capabilities developed by TI, along with multi-processor debugging and a comprehensive windowing solution.
Code Composer Studio v4 key features and benefits:
- Superior code development environment speeds design and troubleshooting with an advanced editor and features such as code completion, code folding, local history of source changes, markers and the ability to associate tasks with source lines. Developers can also directly view images and video in their native formats.
- Advanced GUI framework simplifies data and project management through the creation of perspectives with full customization of menus, toolbars and 'fast views' that enable developers to define the functionality and views appropriate to specific tasks, such as editing or debugging a program across multiple processors.
- Multi-processor debugging intelligently manages status and information from multiple cores without the confusion that arises when each core requires its own separate debugger. More than 1200 third-party plug-ins support product development including static code analysis, source code control, modeling and scripting development.
- Flexible project environment gives developers control over the compiler and DSP/BIOS(TM) version used with each individual project allowing projects in maintenance mode to continue to use the tools they were deployed with while enabling new projects to take full advantage of the latest improvements in technology.
- Debug server scripting interface enables the automation of common tasks such as code validation and profiling.
- Update manager tool automatically manages tool updates.
Pricing and availability
There are a variety of pricing options depending on the type of license needed. Developers can download a free 30-day trial to quickly evaluate different processors and begin development.
Find out more about TI's extensive Code Composer Studio portfolio by visiting the links below:
CCStudio IDE overview: www.ti.com/ccs4-proverview
- CCStudio product folder: www.ti.com/ccs4-prprod
- CCStudio WIKI: www.ti.com/ccs4-prwiki
- CCStudio community: www.ti.com/ccs4-prcommunity
- CCStudio online training: www.ti.com/ccs4-prtraining
- Third-party Eclipse plug-ins: www.ti.com/ccs4-prplugins
- Follow TI on Twitter: http://bit.ly/BPMDy
Eclipse is a universal development platform built by an open source community of tool providers. Eclipse is comprised of extensible frameworks, tools, and runtimes for building, deploying, and managing software that provide a flexible plug-in framework that enables multi-language, multi-platform, and multi-vendor tools integration. For more information on the Eclipse Foundation, go to www.eclipse.org.
Code Composer Studio, DSP/BIOS and OMAP are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.