Cost-sensitive embedded control applications become more reliable, intelligent with TI's newest Piccolo(TM) MCUs featuring the Control Law Accelerator
Control Law Accelerator delivers up to 5X performance to improve functionality and efficiency of applications such as LED lighting, motor control and digital power
The F2803x MCUs are an extension to TI's Piccolo series and are 100 percent code compatible across the TMS320C2000(TM) MCU platform. With more than 30 Piccolo configurations available, developers have a broad range of performance, flash and control-oriented peripheral options to meet the varying demands of cost-sensitive, real-time control applications. Developers can accelerate time to market by leveraging TI's complete analog portfolio, free software libraries, low cost hardware tools and technical support.
F2803x Piccolo MCU key features and benefits
- 60 MHz C28x core and 60 MHz CLA provide performance necessary to execute complex control algorithms with a single Piccolo MCU
- Flexible control peripherals such as high-resolution PWMs, high-speed 12-bit ADC and 32-bit captures reduce sample-to-output delay and improve system response
- 32-bit Control Law Accelerator
- Direct access to on-chip control peripherals for parallel execution of algorithms
- Fully programmable IEEE floating-point unit reduces scaling and saturation burden
- Operates independently of the C28x core for efficient software partitioning
- Wide range of F2803x configurations provides flexibility to scale designs: 64KB to 128KB flash, 64-pin/80-pin packages, 1050C and 1250C
- High-efficiency power management reference designs for Piccolo MCUs are available at www.ti.com/f2803xpower-pr
Pricing and availability
The F2802x Piccolo MCUs start at sub $2.00 in volume, and the F2803x Piccolo MCUs start at sub $3.00 in volume. The TMX320F28035 is the superset of the F2803x series and is sampling today. The F28035 controlCARD (TMDXCNCD28035) and F28035 Experimenter's Kit (TMDXDOCK28035) are also immediately available for order entry and are priced at $59 and $89, respectively. These tools build on TI's controlCARD concept, jumpstarting development through removable daughtercards with general and application-specific target boards.
Find out more about TI's F2803x Piccolo MCUs by visiting the links below:
- Piccolo MCUs: www.ti.com/piccolopr
- F28035 product folder: www.ti.com/f28035pr
- TI's microcontrollers: www.ti.com/mcupr
- MCU tools videos: www.ti.com/mcuvideospr
- TI digital power solutions: www.ti.com/digitalpowerpr
- TI E2E MCU community: www.ti.com/e2emcupr
- TI eStore: www.ti.com/estorepr
- TInergy: http://www.ti.com/tienergypr
- Power management reference designs: www.ti.com/f2803xpower-pr
- Follow TI on Twitter: www.ti.com/txinstrumentspicpr
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
C2000 and Piccolo are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other registered trademarks and trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Warum sich ein Port-Breakout lohnt
Steigende Anforderungen an die Rechenzentren führen zu höheren Glasfaserkabeldichten. Das führt zu Platzproblemen, höheren Kosten für Line-Cards und Transceiver sowie einem höheren Stromverbrauch. Was tun?Weiterlesen