Bunker Electronics improves sound quality in loudspeaker systems with new audio processor powered by DSP and analog technologies from Texas Instruments
New BPD-1 offers the highest quality of sound with a four-way stereo system and six integrated audio control components
The BPD-1 brings an unparalleled level of professional audio quality to loud speaker systems by integrating a graphic equalizer, parametric equalizer, compressor, sub-harmonic synthesizer, audio crossover and a real-time analyzer into a single unit. In addition to reducing cost by not having to purchase these as separate components, this allows consumers to select the optimum frequency ranges for their loud speaker systems and enhance the bass sound to user preference without worries of any audible deficiencies, alignment delays or saturation.
Bunker leveraged a complete system solution from TI, including the C67x™ DSP, PCM4204 ADC and PCM4104 DAC. The 32-bit floating-point precision of the C67x DSP allows for programming flexibility and ease while its very-long-instruction-word (VLIW) architecture helps maximize the BPD-1’s performance and efficiency. Running at speeds up to 300 MHz, the DSP can handle several channels of audio so the BPD-1 can meet the processing requirements for enhanced sound quality of professional applications. The PCM4204 and PCM4104 audio converters offer four channels of 118 dB conversion, respectively, to capture all audio dynamics, without sacrificing headroom. Their high performance helps ensure that any post processing is done only on the audio signal and not on the noise typically found on lower performance competitive multi-channel converters.
BPD-1 key features and benefits:
- Integrates a universal power supply (85-240 VAC 50/60Hz) making the product more robust against voltage variations and allows it to be used in the global market
- Includes three analog inputs (left channel, right channel and RTA) and eight analog outputs, which permit the input channel to be in up to four stereo channels, resulting in a wide range of optimized frequencies for speakers
- Has ability to program equipment quicker with the help of the graphical user interface (GUI) and easy-to-use menu
- Features an easy-to-use, bi-lingual menu allowing users to operate in English and Spanish
C67x key features and benefits:
- Eight independent, multi-purpose functional units and up to 64 32-bit registers enables significant reductions in code size, program fetches and power consumption
- 100 percent code-compatibility with TMS320C6000™ DSPs provide scalability and protect customer’s code investment
Pricing, availability and tools
The BPD-1 is available for USD $500.00. The C67x devices are available for as low as USD $7.85 for quantities of 1,000 units. The PCM4204 is available for USD $7.95 in quantities of 1,000 units and the PCM4104 is available for USD $4.95 in quantities of 1,000 units.
Find out more about Bunker Electronics and Texas Instruments:
- Bunker Electronics: www.bunkeraudio.com
- C67x home: http://www.ti.com/c67x-bunker
- DSP selection tool: www.ti.com/dsptool-bunker
- High-performance audio converters: www.ti.com/audio
- TI E2E community and support: www.ti.com/e2ecommunity-bunker
- Follow TI on Twitter: http://cli.gs/7ZYHBQ
BUNKER® is a company compromised with its products and services quality, the quality policy is simple: zero defects, this is synonymous of a satisfied client, that´s why there is nothing more important for Bunker than the full satisfaction of our clients, in the product quality and in the delivery time of the offered services.
TMS320C6000, TMS320C67x and C67x are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Thomas-Krenn AG zu Suse Enterprise Storage 5
Die Thomas-Krenn AG gehört zu den ersten, die die Version 5 von „Suse Enterprise Storage“ implementiert haben, in eine Appliance. Der Server-Hersteller führt viele gute Gründe für diese Variante des Software Defined Storage an. Denn: SDS kommt jetzt aus der Testphase heraus und wird produktiv genutzt. Vorreiter dabei ist „Ceph“, Open-Source-Software, die in Version 5 einen eklatanten Leistungsschub erfahren hat.Weiterlesen