Tacton Systems Simplifies Product Testing with New Product - the Tacton Configurator Studio Testbench
When working with sales- and product configuration, testing is extremely important. If the product models aren't set up correctly, poor testing will result in expensive and time-consuming remakes. Without a testing tool like the Tacton Configurator Studio Testbench (Testbench), all scenarios have to be set up manually for each test, which is both time-consuming and expensive.
With the Testbench, product specialists can easily design the specifications once and then automatically re-use them for all future testing. This is done in a point-and-click environment-where no coding is needed.
Up until today, only a few selected Tacton customers have had the opportunity to pilot this new product. One of these pilot companies is Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB.
"At Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB we use Testbench during development of the configuration model for our gas turbines. It plays an important role when quality assuring and testing the changes in our product models. The biggest benefit with the Testbench is that it enables us to easily run reoccurring test cases but also to develop and create new test cases," says Pär Alenbrand, Sales Configuration Manager at Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery AB.
The Testbench provides the capabilities to set up, maintain and automatically run and validate countless number of tests automatically on product models created.
Compared to manual testing, Testbench benefits include:
- A more efficient, faster and easier testing process.
- Countless test cases can be created, edited and at any time automatically run and validated.
- Assured higher product quality as the products have been tested in a more efficient and qualitative way.
- Instant validation of changes in the model makes it much easier to find and correct mistakes early and avoid regressive bugs-a large money and time saver.
- A more comprehensive test process allowing for data and logic to be tested at the same time.
- Allows for running several tests at the same time.
- Time is freed up for the product specialists.
Tacton Systems AB
Tacton Systems is the world leader in advanced configuration. Tacton's technology redefines how product configuration is managed, making it radically simpler to design, configure and sell complex products. . Tacton's solutions integrate easily with surrounding systems and have standard integrations for many leading e-commerce, ERP, CRM, PDM, PLM, and CAD systems. Customers currently using Tacton's solutions include ABB, GE, Siemens, Scania, Toshiba, Aker, and Alfa Laval.Read more at www.tacton.com