Am Pfaffenstein 14
55270 Klein-Winternheim, de
SYSGO announces immediate availability of ELinOS 5.2
The new 5.2 release brings important improvements as well as new features and up to date components to the long established ELinOS product line. The new version includes more than 230 new or updated packages.
"Embedded Linux solutions are more and more required and industrial grade solutions are more than ever extremely valuable for our customers", said Jacques Brygier, VP Marketing. "Industrial quality, coherent and professional product packaging, fully tested hardware support are the most appreciated features as well as Eclipse based IDE, wide range of supported architectures and real-time extensions. The new 5.2 version maintains the long time SYSGO tradition of quality and expertise in Linux."
The new 5.2 version brings the following improvements:
- Integration of new kernel 3.2 to support new features and availability of previous versions of kernels 2.6.33 and 2.6.34, to respond to customers demand
- Real-time extension based on Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL) implementation (PREEMPT RT) especially designed and tested for industrial needs
- Support for latest embedded CPUs including Intel, Freescale QorIQ, ARM Cortex, TI OMAP 4, Freescale i.MX6 and MIPS
- SMP (Symmetric multiprocessing) support on all multi-core platforms
- QEMU simulator supported for all architectures
- New functionality support in areas of graphics (i.e. AMD Llano Fusion APUs), Wi-Fi (i.e. Intel iwlwifi 105 and 135), SATA (i.e. Intel C600 serial-attached-scsi controller), USB 3.0 (i.e. Ralink RT5370 USB), networking (i.e. several Realtek RTL81xx devices)
- More recent versions of various tools such as Busybox, DirectFB, X11, GTK, QT, ntfs-3g, coreutils, ffmpeg, jamvm, openssh, openssl, sqlite, upstart, wireless_tools
- New kernel features:
- Btrfs faster data scrubbing and automatic defragmentation, unprivileged ICMP_ECHO, wake on WLAN
- Performance improvements to the writeback throttling, speedups in the slab allocator, a new iSCSI implementation, support for Near-Field Communication chips used to enable mobile payments, bad block management in the generic software RAID layer, file system barriers enabled by default in ext3
- Support for ext4 block sizes bigger than 4KB and up to 1MB, automatic backup of critical filesystem metadata and tools for manual inspection of the filesystems, support to set upper limits of CPU time, updated TCP that speeds up the recovery of the connection after lost packets
- New support in the profiling tool "perf top" for live inspection of tasks and libraries and see the annotated assembly code
- New support in Device Mapper for 'thin provisioning' of storage
- Miscellaneous features such as Ext4 SMP scalability, IPset, Pstore: storing crash information across a reboot, complete remove of the "Big Kernel Lock", automatic process grouping, I/O throttling support, support for PPP over Ipv4, KMS+KDB integration, Intel Intelligent Power Sharing support, improved VM-related desktop responsiveness, transparent spreading of incoming network traffic load across CPUs, memory compaction, ACPI Platform Error Interface support
ELinOS 5.2 is available now. The six families of supported processors are the x86, x86_64, PowerPC, ARM, SPARC V8 and MIPS32. ELinOS 5.2 is available for Linux and Windows hosted platforms.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.