Synchronica Launches Self-Care Push Email Solution for Businesses
Mobile Gateway Enterprise Edition Enables Nokia Series 40 Mobile Phones to Connect to Microsoft Exchange
- Affordable push email and synchronization solution connecting entry-level devices to corporate email and calendar
- Support for Nokia's entry-level Series 40 devices in addition to a wide range of other devices, allowing enterprises to use existing and affordable phones for business use
- Simple, self-care solution for SMEs deployed behind the corporate firewall
- Secure, scalable solution compatible with Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino, Sun Java System Communications Suite, and IMAP / POP3 email back-ends
Synchronica plc, the international provider of mobile email and synchronization solutions, has launched an affordable, industry-standard push email and synchronization middleware enabling enterprises to connect entry-level devices to corporate networks. Synchronica Mobile Gateway Enterprise Edition is a self-care solution that works on a wide variety of mobile handsets, so employers do not need to invest in a fleet of expensive new smartphones in order to cascade mobile email down the organization.
Synchronica Mobile Gateway Enterprise Edition is targeted at SMEs, as well as the middle / junior management layers in large enterprises where it can complement existing smartphone-based solutions. It is available immediately at www.synchronica.com/e and can be purchased, downloaded, and deployed on a mobile phone fleet within a few hours.
The cost-effective solution provides carrier-grade security, reliability, and scalability and has already been selected by a major Indian bank for its middle and junior management tiers. The bank is in the process of deploying Mobile Gateway Enterprise Edition to an initial 10,000 employees to supplement the smartphones used by executive staff. Synchronica now expects this approach to be replicated in other businesses.
Kathryn Weldon, Principal Analyst, Enterprise Mobility, at Current Analysis says: "What makes Mobile Gateway Enterprise Edition different from other enterprise mobile email offerings is that it works on almost any phone in use today. This makes it ideal for today's tough economic conditions because businesses do not need to spend a fortune on new handsets and expensive contracts to cascade mobile email through the organization and realize productivity gains."
Carsten Brinkschulte, CEO of Synchronica, adds: "We felt there was a gap in the market for a low-cost, business-grade mobile email and synchronization solution that could be installed on the corporate network and managed internally as an alternative to a hosted solution. In today's climate, where the focus is on improving employee productivity and keeping costs down, an affordable self-care mobility solution hits the right spot. Our solution can cost about half as much per year as competing options and is an ideal supplement enabling smartphone-like functionality on entry-level devices."
Mobile Gateway Enterprise Edition includes a Microsoft Windows installer allowing businesses to install and host it on their own servers.
Mobile Gateway Enterprise Edition key features:
- Supports Microsoft Exchange, Sun Java System Communications Suite, and IBM Lotus Domino corporate email servers, as well as IMAP / POP3 consumer email back-ends
- Based on the dominant open industry standards Push IMAP (IMAP IDLE) for mobile email and SyncML (OMA DS) for synchronization of contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes
- Zero footprint architecture requires no additional client software to be installed on the handset
- Built-in over-the-air device provisioning (OMA CP) using self-care portal enables end-users to configure their devices automatically without requiring corporate IT involvement
- Administration portal keeps setup and ongoing management to a minimum and enables IT administrators to define individual and group policies for email, contact, calendar, task, and note entries
- Provides strong security (SSL encryption) and scalability from five users up to tens of thousands of users
- Works on a wide range of handsets in use today - from smartphones to entry-level phones, such as the Nokia Series 40
Research conducted in 2007 by Freeform Dynamics reveals that businesses view mobile email as an integral part of operational infrastructure. When it is coupled with contact and calendar management, it becomes the most important resource for mobile workers ahead of SMS and sales force automation .
 Source: Freeform Dynamics: Evaluating Mobile Email Solutions
Synchronica Software GmbH
Synchronica plc develops and markets mobile email and synchronization solutions for mobile operators and device manufacturers. Products include the award-winning push email and synchronization solution Mobile Gateway and the device backup solution Mobile Backup. Based on industry standards, Synchronica can reach the built-in email and synchronization clients of more than two billion mobile devices on the market today. Service providers in emerging and developed markets use Synchronica's products to offer mobile email, PIM synchronization, and backup and restore services to consumer and business subscribers.
Headquartered in England, Synchronica has a development center in Germany and presences in the USA, Hong Kong, and Dubai. Synchronica plc is a public company traded on the AIM list of the London Stock Exchange (SYNC.LN). More information is available at www.synchronica.com
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Software":
Die Maschine lernt nie aus
Künstliche Intelligenz (KI) ist ein neues Stichwort im Beschaffungsmanagement. Aber was kann sie wirklich leisten? Technologisch hat KI schon seit längerem einen hohen Reifegrad erreicht, doch erst die heute verfügbaren großen Datenmengen und die hohe und günstige Rechenpower ermöglichen entsprechende Anwendungen für das ProcurementWeiterlesen