10961 Berlin, de
+49 (89) 55067770
Synchronica Launches Messaging Toolkit for MediaTek Device Manufacturers
- Toolkit enables device manufacturers using MediaTek chipsets to differentiate mass market handsets by bundling next-generation mobile messaging services
- Mass market handsets based on MediaTek chipsets can now be cost-effectively enhanced with push email, synchronization of calendar and contacts, connectivity to social networks and instant messaging (IM)
- Synchronica Mobile Gateway provides server infrastructure for native messaging clients of the MediaTek platform, delivering optimal user experience with minimal memory footprint
- Synchronica has a successful track record with the MediaTek platform - has launched first devices and is already working with several manufacturers
Synchronica plc, the international provider of nextgeneration mobile messaging services, has launched the Mobile Gateway MediaTek Toolkit for device manufacturers using MediaTek chipsets. The toolkit provides a complete set of technical and commercial resources that enables device manufacturers to add advanced messaging services to their mass market handsets.
MediaTek, Inc. is a leading fabless semiconductor company for wireless communications and digital multimedia solutions and one of the biggest mobile chipset suppliers to Chinese phone manufacturers. MediaTek is a market leader and pioneer in cuttingedge systemonchip (SOC) solutions for wireless communications and was recently voted the twelfth top global 100 hightech company by Bloomberg Businessweek.
Synchronica's awardwinning Mobile Gateway is a leading infrastructure platform for nextgeneration mobile messaging. Based on industry standards (IMAP, OMA DS, IMPS), Mobile Gateway does not use a Java application on the device, but instead provides messaging services directly to the native clients of the MediaTek platform. This unique approach delivers the best possible user experience with minimal memory footprint, enabling smartphonelike features even on lowend, mass market MediaTek chipsets.
Synchronica has built up substantial experience with the MediaTek platform: MessagePhone uses MediaTek chipsets, and Synchronica is working closely with several device manufacturers that are planning to launch MediaTekbased mass market devices bundled with Mobile Gateway.
With Synchronica's Mobile Gateway, device manufacturers can:
- Enable their devices to receive push email, synchronize calendar and contacts
- Address business users with Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino, as well as consumers with Gmail, Windows Live, and any POP3 or IMAP mailbox
- Enable users to receive status updates from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, post comments, and reply to messages
- Provide mobile instant messaging with Facebook chat, Google Talk, AIM, and other IM communities
- Push news updates from live web feeds of popular sites, such as ESPN and CNN
With Synchronica's Mobile Gateway MediaTek Toolkit, device manufacturers can:
- Access a library of technical documents that specify key requirements and how to best optimize Synchronica Mobile Gateway for the MediaTek platform
- Use standard test plans and certification processes to verify functionality and ensure full compatibility
- Receive sample source code accelerating implementation and reducing development costs
- Use Synchronica's consulting and support services during the implementation phase
- Host Synchronica's Mobile Gateway for open market device sales
- Access Synchronica's global operator customer base of more than 40 carriers with a total reach of more than 660 million subscribers
Carsten Brinkschulte, CEO of Synchronica, comments: "To stay ahead of the competition, device manufacturers are now focusing on endtoend solutions for mass market phones rather than competing purely on hardware features and design. Increasingly, this means bundling advanced services connecting devices to social networks and messaging communities. The Mobile Gateway MediaTek Toolkit provides device manufacturers with the technical resources and infrastructure services required to provide users with a consistent messaging user experience with minimal memory footprint and fast execution even on lowend, mass market devices".
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.