Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30 June 2010(PresseBox) (Royal Tunbridge Wells, )
Synchronica plc's awardwinning product portfolio includes the flagship product Mobile Gateway which provides push email, synchronization, instant messaging, backup and restore, and mobile connectivity to social networks.
Synchronica's white label products are sold to mobile operators and device manufacturers targeting highgrowth emerging markets.
- Revenues up 2.5 times to GBP 3.43 million (first half 2009: GBP 1.33 million), 90 percent of previous fullyear revenues (fiscal year 2009: GBP 3.8 million)
- Costs increased modestly to GBP 4.1 million (first half 2009: GBP 3.5 million)
- Gross profits up significantly to GBP 3.28 million (first half 2009: GBP 1.18 million)
- Gross margin continues to be high at 96 percent
- Loss before tax reduced to GBP 1.34 million (first half 2009: GBP 2.49 million loss)
- Launched MessagePhone in February 2010, introducing the first lowcost messaging device bundled with Mobile Gateway; two purchase orders received from operators in Africa and Latin America, and sales are expected to accelerate in the second half of 2010
- Announced major product upgrade to Synchronica Mobile Gateway 5, adding instant messaging and mobile social networking, enhancing value proposition and improving the competitive position
- Acquired Colibria's IMPS business with groupwide framework agreements covering over 320 million subscribers in Latin America
- Announced ten deals with mobile operators and device manufacturers in the first half 2010; expanded customer base to more than 40 contracts representing a total addressable market of 660 million subscribers
- Extended global reseller network contributed six deals in the first half 2010; reseller network now includes Brightstar, Nokia Siemens Networks, and an Asianbased telecoms vendor
- Significantly increased deal size towards the end of the first half 2010, with three deals larger than USD 1 million signed in June 2010
- Increasing traction with deals from three additional device manufacturers in the first half 2010, bundling lowcost messaging devices with Synchronica Mobile Gateway to provide endtoend push email, instant messaging, and mobile social networking
Carsten Brinkschulte, CEO of Synchronica, said: "We have made significant progress over the past six months and expect to continue this accelerated momentum in the second half of the year. Not only are we signing up more customers, we are also seeing an increase in the average deal size. With a sustained commitment to innovative product development in tandem with our global international reseller network of system integrators and device manufacturers, Synchronica is on its way to become the market leader for nextgeneration mobile messaging services in emerging markets."