Sonova Full-Year Results 2007/08
Sonova further extends its lead position as a provider of innovative hearing solutions
- Sales increase by 12.3% to CHF 1,204.8 million (whereof 11.1% organic growth, 1.7% from acquisitions and -0.5% currency effect) significantly exceeding hearing instrument market growth
- 59% of hearing system sales are generated with products launched less than two years ago
- EBITA margin (excluding one-off costs for the prohibited GN ReSound acquisition) rises to 28.2% (prior year 26.4%)
- Income after taxes (excluding one-off costs) grows by 25.7% to CHF 305.2 million. Reported income after taxes reaches CHF 274.1 million
- Dividend increases by 33% to CHF 1.00 (proposal to the Annual General Shareholders' Meeting)
- New product releases: the hearing systems Exélia, Naída, Yuu and Next set new benchmarks in hearing system technology
- Distribution network extended further: new wholesale companies set up in India, Mexico and South Africa
- Hear the World, Phonak's initiative has attracted new ambassadors: Mick Jagger, Annie Lennox and Rod Stewart
- Outlook for the financial year 2008/09: We expect to further expand our market share and anticipate organic sales growth of around 10%, as well as a continuing improvement of the EBITA margin
Sonova Holding AG
Sonova is the leading provider of innovative hearing healthcare solutions. This globally active group of companies is one of the world's top three manufacturers of hearing systems, the market leader in wireless communication systems for audiology applications and a provider of professional solutions for hearing protection. Sonova is pursuing a clear and sustainable growth strategy and is intent on further building its market share. To this end it is constantly expanding its existing business segments and branching out into other areas of the hearing healthcare industry.
Present in over 90 countries and with a workforce of over 4700 employees, Sonova generated sales of CHF 1.205 billion in the financial year 2007/08 and a net profit of CHF 274 million. This financially strong group of companies bases its success on innovation, customer focus and proactive cost management.
Hearing is a megatrend in our society. Modern communication requirements and the sheer volume of audio information available - whether music or the spoken word - continue to increase, so that hearing is becoming an increasingly important facility. Due to demographic trends and harmful environmental impacts, more and more people now suffer from hearing loss, and yet only roughly a fifth of them make use of professional hearing solutions. Sonova therefore wants to raise public awareness of the importance of hearing and highlight the social and emotional impact of hearing loss, as well as providing information on potential solutions. In the Hear the World initiative world famous celebrities stress the importance of good hearing.
The company has been successfully promoting understanding and communication for over 60 years, and is ideally positioned to benefit from the trends in this growth industry.
For more information please visit www.sonova.com Sonova shares (ticker symbol: SOON) are listed on the SWX Swiss Exchange since 1994