Red Hat Rolls Out New Technical Conference for Developers with Introduction of DevNation
Event designed to cultivate cross-technology community and knowledge exchange for application developers and maintainers
DevNation will offer technical sessions, labs, expert panels, hackerfests, and birds-of-a-feather discussions on topics ranging from development operations, cloud and mobile development to big data and application integration. Featured speakers already scheduled to present at the inaugural event include:
- Chris Aniszczyk, head of open source at Twitter: https://twitter.com/
- Mike Milinkovich, executive director of the Eclipse Foundation: http://www.eclipse.org/org/foundation/
- Jeremy Edberg, reliability architect, Netflix: https://signup.netflix.com/global
- James Strachan, creator of the Groovy (http://groovy.codehaus.org/) programming language and Apache Camel (http://camel.apache.org/), and co-founder of the ActiveMQ (http://activemq.apache.org/) and ServiceMix (http://servicemix.apache.org/) open source projects
- Gavin King, founder of the Hibernate (http://hibernate.org/) and Seam (http://www.seamframework.org/) open source frameworks and current Ceylon (http://ceylon-lang.org/) programming language project lead
For more information, or to submit a speaking proposal, visit: http://www.devnation.org.
"With the launch of DevNation, our goal is to continue building on similar initiatives that we've held in the past such as CamelOne, JUDCon and Red Hat Connect Developer Exchange to offer a unified and consolidated experience for developers," said Craig Muzilla, senior vice president, Applications Platform Products Group, Red Hat. "DevNation will cultivate a broad range of technologies and projects, whether within Red Hat or beyond, by giving attendees leading-edge content and learning opportunities in a familiar format."
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat: http://www.redhat.com/
- Get more Red Hat news: http://www.redhat.com/about/news/ or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed: http://www.redhat.com/rss/feeds/newsandpress
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter: https://twitter.com/redhatnews
- Join Red Hat on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/redhatinc
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RedHatVideos
- Join Red Hat on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RedHat/posts
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat Software
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.