Red Hat Launches the Next Release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10 improves stability, security for enterprise applications
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10 reiterates Red Hat's commitment to a 10-year lifecycle for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and maintains backwards compatibility with all previous releases of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, including supported hardware and software platforms. Beyond OpenSCAP, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10 also includes:
- MySQL 5.5, the most recent, stable version of that open source database. MySQL 5.5 includes a number of improvements in terms of speed, scalability, and ease of use. For customers' convenience, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10 also includes MySQL 5.1, which is required in order to upgrade to MySQL 5.5.
- Enhanced Subscription Management Tools, which now provide more insight into how customers can optimize and benefit from their Red Hat subscriptions. With Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10, customers can better match subscriptions to their unique system needs, better report on and manage subscription usage across a large inventory of systems, and add custom, searchable key value pairs to systems, all without having to go through the Red Hat Customer Portal.
- Red Hat Access, delivered through the Red Hat Support Tool, provides an integrated, seamless way to get answers with exclusive Red Hat Knowledge, use Red Hat's automated diagnostic services for problem determination and engage with Red Hat directly from a Linux terminal. Customers can use Red Hat Access to quickly resolve issues and analyze log files, core dumps and error messages, all from within Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10.
Additionally, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10 customers with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer subscriptions will now gain access to Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.0, which offers users a selection of popular, open source developer tools. Red Hat Developer Toolset 2.0 has a more frequent release cadence and exists on a separate lifecycle from Red Hat Enterprise Linux, enabling developers to take advantage of the latest stable open development tools for application innovation.
Jim Totton, vice president and general manager, Platform Business Unit, Red Hat
"The release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10 continues Red Hat's commitment to the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 platform's 10-year lifecycle, with new capabilities to provide platform viability for years to come. With an emphasis on security and stability, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10 includes new tools, like Red Hat Access and OpenSCAP, to help systems administrators enable platform reliability and enhanced security for even the most mission-critical applications."
- Download Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10: https://www.redhat.com/wapps/sso/login.html?redirect=https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/software/channels/All.do
- Learn more about Red Hat Enterprise Linux: http://de.redhat.com/products/enterprise-linux/
- Learn more about the Red Hat Enterprise Linux lifecycle: https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat: http://red.ht/IOS5vm
- Get more Red Hat news: http://bit.ly/I6BrYW or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed: http://www.redhat.com/rss/feeds/newsandpress
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter: https://twitter.com/redhatnews
- Join Red Hat on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/redhatinc
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RedHatVideos
- Join Red Hat on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RedHat
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at www.sec.gov ), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat, the Shadowman logo, JBoss, and OpenShift are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds and OpenStack is a registered trademark of OpenStack, LLC.
Red Hat Software
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Software":
Vom Dreiklang von Compliance, ITSM und DSGVO
Am 25. Mai 2018 ist es so weit: Die zweijährige Übergangszeit der EU-Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (EU-DSGVO) endet und das Gesetz tritt mit allen Konsequenzen in Kraft. Das stellt Unternehmen jeder Größenordnung vor enorme Herausforderungen. So verlangt die Verordnung europaweit von allen Betrieben, sämtliche Geschäftsprozesse kontinuierlich zu überprüfen und zu aktualisieren, die mit der Verarbeitung personenbezogener Daten zu tun haben.Weiterlesen