2600 Meridian Parkway
Durham, NC 27713, us
+49 (89) 59997-804
Red Hat Delivers Powerful New Capabilities in OpenShift Enterprise 2.1
Helping enterprises modernize their application delivery and move towards DevOps
Since its introduction in November 2012, OpenShift Enterprise has focused on delivering innovation through four product releases designed to meet expanding customer requirements for a cloud-based application platform. OpenShift Enterprise 2.1 aims to drive PaaS innovation further through rapid feature introduction on a platform that provides a trusted and stable architecture that developers have come to expect from an enterprise-class PaaS.
OpenShift Enterprise 2.1 continues Red Hat's open enterprise PaaS leadership with several new features, including:
- Updated MySQL 5.5, Python 3.3*, PHP 5.4, and MongoDB 2.4* cartridges with OpenShift Enterprise entitlement that allows OpenShift to offer proven security and bug fixes including technical support for both the platform and the content it provides.
- New gathering and consolidation method for platform and application logs. Plus a new way to gather and store key performance attributes from the operating system and application services.
- Ability for applications provided by OpenShift to intelligently span infrastructure across zones within regions, increasing the resiliency of the services provided by OpenShift
- Plugin interface that allows OpenShift to integrate with complex decision automation policies a datacenter might need to follow due to regulatory, ITIL, or change management facilities.
- Introduction of teams as an interface for LDAP group integration with OpenShift user management features
- The release of the watchman daemon that aids in the automation of common remedies to help administrators scale to the PaaS platform in a more efficient manner
- Scheduled for release shortly after OpenShift Enterprise 2.1 in a x.x.x release
These additions to the OpenShift Enterprise platform provide organizations with an enterprise application platform, supporting the Red Hat JBoss Middleware solutions, all presented in an automated fashion backed with the natural elasticity of PaaS. Red Hat is applying its unique combination of skills and expertise in open source, enterprise middleware, and cloud architectures to deliver key technologies to its users through an open hybrid cloud portfolio of products.
OpenShift Enterprise is built on a proven stack of open-source Red Hat technologies, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, and OpenShift Origin (the upstream code that powers both OpenShift Enterprise and OpenShift Online). OpenShift reflects Red Hat's deep commitment to the developer experience, automating much of the provisioning and systems management of the application platform stack in a way that enables IT teams to more easily meet growing business demands for new application services. OpenShift provides an on-demand, elastic, scalable and fully configured application development, testing and hosting environment for application developers so that they can focus on coding new services. OpenShift leverages the industry-proven security of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) subsystem, and the lightweight, Linux Container technology provided by OpenShift Gears. OpenShift offers an architecture that allows it to be a platform for more complex application services through continuous integration and delivery practices.
OpenShift Enteprise 2.1 is currently available for download for customers in North America, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe and select Asia and Latin America regions, including Australia, ASEAN, Japan, Argentina and Brazil, respectively.
Ashesh Badani, Vice President and General Manager, OpenShift, Red Hat
"More and more enterprise adopters are evaluating PaaS, and they are looking for a proven solution that can drive agility, increase efficiency and integrate with their existing investments. OpenShift is designed to fill these needs. Its enterprise capabilities, bolstered by a growing community of developers, allow us to deliver a powerful cloud application platform to meet developer demands, all based on a proven, open-source stack."
Brett Adam, SVP Platform, CA Technologies
"We chose OpenShift as the PaaS foundation for cloud offerings thanks to its flexible, open source architecture, its minimal-overhead application programming model, and its excellent support for DevOps. Our teams are finding OpenShift to be enterprise-grade, scalable, stable, and productive."
- Learn more about OpenShift by Red Hat: https://www.openshift.com/products
- Learn more about Red Hat's open hybrid cloud offerings: http://www.redhat.com/solutions/open-hybrid-cloud/
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat: http://www.redhat.com/
- Get more Red Hat news: http://www.redhat.com/about/news/ or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed: http://www.redhat.com/rss/feeds/newsandpress
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter: https://twitter.com/redhatnews
- Join Red Hat on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/redhatinc
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RedHatVideos
- Join Red Hat on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RedHat/posts
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, the Shadowman logo, and JBoss are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.