85630 Grasbrunn, de
+49 (89) 59997-804
Red Hat Launches First Open Source Release of ManageIQ Software
Source code, ready-to-use builds, forums and user videos now available for developers on new ManageIQ website
Red Hat believes deeply in community-powered innovation and has long been committed to open-sourcing the technology it acquires. By contributing the software Red Hat acquired from ManageIQ, Inc., which currently serves as the basis for its Red Hat CloudForms open hybrid cloud management product, Red Hat continues its significant contributions to the open source community, aiming to advance cloud management through open source innovation. Today's announcement fulfills a promise from Red Hat to release ManageIQ as an open source project.
The ManageIQ community brings together developers, service providers, systems integrators, researchers and users to collaborate and drive innovation in the management of OpenStack and open hybrid clouds. ManageIQ offers hybrid cloud governance and automation capabilities, as well as the ability to build development and test clouds based on OpenStack and other virtualization platforms as users look to move toward a private Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) architecture. Users now have more choice to automate and orchestrate their hybrid cloud workloads on OpenStack, Amazon, KVM, Microsoft, and VMware technologies.
In addition to automating a broad set of hybrid cloud workloads, ManageIQ has significant benefits for developers and administrators exploring the world of DevOps. Instead of separately targeting multiple platforms, an open hybrid platform facilitates access to DevOps with a single interface and API for resource utilization and chargebacks across all cloud platforms. The ManageIQ community expects to enhance these capabilities for open hybrid cloud management and integrate contributions as the community grows.
New Ecosystem Partners
Joining the contributing partners announced in April 2014, the ManageIQ community has added several new partners, including:
- BBVA (http://www.bbva.com/TLBB/tlbb/esp/index.jsp, a multinational group providing financial services in over 30 countries and to 50 million customers throughout the world.
- Cloudsoft (http://www.cloudsoftcorp.com/), specializing in multi-cloud application management and offering their Application Management Platform for enterprises to develop, deploy and manage large-scale distributed applications across multiple clouds;
- Gandi.net (http://www.gandi.net/), a major international domain name registrar and cloud-hosting provider, managing more than 1.3 million domain names and 245 extensions;
- ICE Systems (http://www.icesystems.com.au/), providing enterprise open source, infrastructure and cloud management solutions and services for designing, implementing and supporting future-proof infrastructure and cloud management solutions; and
- VMTurbo (http://vmturbo.com/), a cloud and virtualization control company enabling organizations to manage cloud and enterprise virtualization environments to maximize infrastructure investments while assuring application performance through their Software-Driven Control platform.
John Mark Walker, community manager, ManageIQ community, Red Hat
"We are excited to see the positive industry response surrounding the initial launch of the MangeIQ community and look forward to continuing the work of advancing open cloud management to create a truly open hybrid cloud. As more partners and contributors join the ManageIQ community, we hope to see a more adaptive environment emerge for those moving to an OpenStack-based cloud infrastructure."
Mary Johnston Turner, Research Vice President, Enterprise Systems Management Software, IDC Research
"As more organizations begin to plan for OpenStack based clouds, we are seeing increasing interest in open source cloud management solutions that can build on OpenStack APIs and core technologies to provide robust chargeback, monitoring and metering for private/hybrid clouds. With the full release of the ManageIQ code, Red Hat is making an important contribution towards the development of an open cloud management ecosystem."
- Visit the ManageIQ community: http://manageiq.org/
- Follow the ManageIQ Community on Twitter: https://twitter.com/manageiq
- Learn more about Red Hat CloudForms: http://www.redhat.com/products/cloud-computing/cloudforms/
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat: http://www.redhat.com/
- Get more Red Hat news: http://www.redhat.com/about/news/ or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed: http://www.redhat.com/rss/feeds/newsandpress
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter: https://twitter.com/redhatnews
- Join Red Hat on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/redhatinc
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RedHatVideos
- Join Red Hat on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RedHat/posts
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.