Red Hat Announces the Beta Release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 Beta Gives Enterprises Improved Performance and Scalability
The key benefits for organizations working with this beta for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 are operational efficiency realized through enterprise management and monitoring, along with enhanced business agility through additional support for virtualized and clustered deployments.
Key functionality in this beta for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 are as follows:
Performance and Scaling
- Kernel-level optimizations implemented in the process scheduler, networking, virtualization, and I/O subsystems.
- Faster creation of ext4 file systems and improved response times in XFS for certain workloads.
- Improved CPU controller scalability and enhanced resource management features to set processor utilization ceilings.
- Centralized identity management for the flexible management of users, roles, policies, and authentication services.
- New capabilities for the unification of Kerberos ticketing, DNS naming, user and group ids, and Linux systems policies into a single service.
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 guests on VMware® hosts and comprehensive support for the GFS2 shared storage file system have been added to the High Availability Add-on Product, creating a more tightly integrated environment.
- Full support for the UDP-unicast protocol which reduces administration overhead, resulting in easier cluster deployment.
- World Wide Name (WWN), or World Wide Identifier (WWID), for storage devices making it easier to identify them during installation for users utilizing Storage Area Networks (SAN) and other advanced network topologies.
- Within production environments using infiniband - where high throughput and low latency are key requirements - Red Hat Enterprise Linux can now be purposed as an iSCSI initiator and storage server.
- Transmit Packet Steering (XPS) capabilities which improve network packet transmission throughput by 30%.
- We look to our community and partners for feedback to ensure Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 is yet another high-quality release. The beta can be accessed here. The Release Notes can be accessed here. More detail on the new features can be accessed here.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Software":
Digitaler Arbeitsplatz mit künstlicher Intelligenz
VMware erweitert die Plattform Workspace One: „Intelligence“ kombiniere per Decision Machine die Aggregation und Korrelation von Benutzer-, Anwendungs-, Netzwerk- und Endpunktdaten, „Trust Network“ integriere Partner-Sicherheitslösungen, „AirLift“ modernisiere das Windows-10-Management.Weiterlesen