Nominations Now Open for 2014 Red Hat Innovation Awards
Red Hat Customers to be Honored for Cutting-Edge Open Source Deployments at 2014 Red Hat Summit in San Francisco
Red Hat's global customers and partners are building dynamic IT infrastructures and driving business innovation with the Red Hat technology portfolio. The 2014 Red Hat Innovation Awards will honor these efforts and reflect some of the most outstanding work and next generation business application deployments happening with open source solutions and, specifically, Red Hat technology.
Organizations have the opportunity to submit their nomination in five categories. Category winners will be selected based on the uniqueness, complexity and magnitude of their Red Hat implementations.
Categories for the 2014 Red Hat Innovation Awards include:
- Infrastructure - Recognition of striking flexibility, scalability, cost effectiveness, performance and security within an infrastructure.
- Emerging Technologies - Recognition of the most successful illustration of cutting-edge deployment and business value from Red Hat's emerging technology portfolio.
- Application Development - Recognition of the most outstanding employment of agile methodologies and superior overall performance of creating, maintaining, and deploying successful business applications, whether they are traditional, mobile or cloud, using Red Hat solutions.
- Ecosystem and Knowledge Exchange - Recognition of the most flourishing use of Red Hat's expanding partner ecosystem to create innovative architectures based on Red Hat's platform, middleware, cloud and/or storage solutions.
- Accelerate, Integrate, Automate - Recognition of best overall acceleration, integration, and automation of IT workloads using Red Hat products.
Submissions for the Red Hat Innovation Awards: http://www.redhat.com/innovationconnection/awards.html will be accepted until Dec. 13, 2013. A winner will be recognized in each of the five categories. From these winners, the Red Hat Innovator of the Year: http://www.redhat.com/about/news/press-archive/2013/7/cigna-named-2013-red-hat-innovator-of-the-year will be selected by the community through online voting, and will be announced during an awards ceremony at the 2014 Red Hat Summit: http://www.redhat.com/summit/.
Each submission will be evaluated by a panel of experts in the field of business and open source technology, including: Lee Congdon, CIO, Red Hat; Ashesh Badani, general manager, Cloud and OpenShift, Red Hat; Carl Lehmann, research manager, Enterprise Architecture, Integration & Business Process Management, 451 Research; Laurent Lachal, cloud computing research lead, Ovum; Sean Michael Kerner, senior editor, eWEEK; and Fredric Paul, blogger, Network World and contributor, CIO, IT World, InfoWorld, and other publications.
- Learn more about, or share your story for the 2014 Red Hat Innovation Awards: http://www.redhat.com/innovationconnection/awards.html
- Learn more about Red Hat Summit: http://www.redhat.com/summit/
Connect with Red Hat
- Learn more about Red Hat: http://www.redhat.com/
- Get more Red Hat news: http://www.redhat.com/about/news/ or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed: http://www.redhat.com/rss/feeds/newsandpress
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter: https://twitter.com/redhatnews
- Join Red Hat on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/redhatinc
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RedHatVideos
- Join Red Hat on Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RedHat
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements;; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at www.sec.gov ), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Red Hat GmbH
Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Software":
Microservices – Ein Einstieg in die Praxis
Viele Unternehmen wollen monolithische Anwendungen umgestalten und Microservice-Architekturen für mehr Agilität und Skalierbarkeit aufbauen. Doch wie gelingt der Einstieg ins Thema Microservices? Nach welchen Prinzipien sollte man arbeiten? Was sind die Erfolgsfaktoren und wo liegen die Fallen? Ein Leitfaden liefert erste Anhaltspunkte.Weiterlesen