QIAGEN Announces QIAGEN Announces Final Proration Results of Digene Exchange Offer

Hilden, (PresseBox) - QIAGEN N.V. (Nasdaq: QGEN; Frankfurt, Prime Standard: QIA) announced today the final allocation of consideration in its recent exchange offer for shares of Digene Corporation. In the exchange offer, shareholders of Digene were offered a choice of receiving, for each share tendered, either cash or ordinary shares of QIAGEN, subject to proration so that the total consideration issued consists of 55% cash and 45% QIAGEN stock. On July 26, 2007, QIAGEN announced the preliminary election results and reported that the QIAGEN stock component had been over subscribed. Because the stock consideration was over subscribed, the elections for all QIAGEN stock consideration are subject to the proration procedures included in the merger agreement dated June 3, 2007.

- At the close of business on July 26, 2007, the last day to submit exchange offer consideration election forms or notices of guaranteed delivery, there were 24,578,829 shares of Digene common stock outstanding. Of these outstanding shares, 23,270,298 shares, or approximately 94.6%, were tendered in the exchange offer.

- Digene shareholders who tendered Digene shares in the exchange offer and elected to receive cash consideration or did not make an election in respect of those shares, representing approximately 10.4% of the total tendered Digene shares, will receive $61.25 per share of Digene common stock so tendered.

- Digene shareholders who tendered their shares in the exchange offer and elected to receive QIAGEN stock in respect of those shares, represent approximately 89.6% of the total tendered Digene shares. These shares are subject to the proration procedures. Giving effect to the proration procedures, such shareholders will receive for 50.2% of the shares of Digene common stock so tendered approximately 3.545 QIAGEN ordinary shares (with cash in lieu of fractional shares) for each Digene share and $61.25 in cash for each of the remaining 49.8% of the Digene shares so tendered.

- In the aggregate, QIAGEN will pay as consideration in the exchange offer approximately $784 million in cash and issue approximately 37 million QIAGEN ordinary shares.

QIAGEN N.V.

QIAGEN N.V. ist eine niederländische Holdinggesellschaft und weltweit führender Anbieter von Probenvorbereitungs- und Testtechnologien. Probenvorbereitungstechnologien werden eingesetzt, um DNA, RNA und Proteine aus biologischen Proben wie Blut oder Gewebe zu isolieren und für die Analyse vorzubereiten. Testtechnologien werden eingesetzt, um solche isolierten Biomoleküle sichtbar zu machen. QIAGEN hat über 500 Verbrauchsprodukte sowie Lösungen zu deren Automatisierung entwickelt. Das Unternehmen verkauft seine Produkte an molekulardiagnostische Labore, die akademische Forschung, pharmazeutische und biotechnologische Unternehmen sowie an Kunden in Märkten für angewandte Testverfahren (u.a. Forensik, Veterinär- und Lebensmitteltestung, pharmazeutische Prozesskontrolle). QIAGENs Testtechnologien umfassen eines der weltweit breitesten Panels an molekulardiagnostischen Tests. Dieses beinhaltet auch den einzigen in den USA und Europa zugelassenen Test auf Humane Papillomaviren (HPV), der primären Ursache für die Entstehung von Gebärmutterhalskrebs. QIAGEN beschäftigt weltweit mehr als 2800 Mitarbeiter an über 30 Standorten. Weitere Informationen über QIAGEN finden Sie unter www.qiagen.com.

Press releases you might also be interested in

Subscribe for news

The subscribtion service of the PresseBox informs you about press information of a certain topic by your choice at a choosen time. Please enter your email address to receive the email with the press releases.

An error occurred!

Thank you! You will receive a confirmation email within a few minutes.


I want to subscribe to the gratis press mail and have read and accepted the conditions.