PROINSO to supply its first 2 MW project in India
- The project is the first sale for PROINSO in the country. With 2 MW of power it locates itself in the state of Maharashtra, of which Bombay is capital.
- The Spanish multinational specialized in the distribution of modules, inverters, trackers and fixed structures for solar photovoltaic installations, is currently negotiating supply for several solar photovoltaic projects in India in excess of 20 MW in 2011.
- PROINSO and MECASOLAR- companies which are members of Grupo OPDE-, will open an office in India by the end of this year.
- Both companies- who will be participating from today at Intersolar Europe (Munich. Hall C4, Stand 210) - and will be attending the upcoming edition of Intersolar INDIA to be held from 14 to 16 December in Bombay.
- PROINSO have underlined the growth potential of solar energy in India that is expected to reach 10,000 MW in 2020.
PROINSO, the Spanish multinational company -specialized in the distribution of modules, inverters, trackers and fixed structures for solar photovoltaic installations-, has achieved its first contract for India, consisting of the supply of a 2 MW solar project located in the state of Maharastra (west-central India).
PROINSO will conduct the supply throughout this year and, according to company sources, is currently negotiating the provision for other solar energy projects in India in excess of 20 MW power for 2011, for both Indian and European developers with projects in India.
MECASOLAR and PROINSO- companies that form part of Grupo OPDE- plan to open an office in India before the end of the year, and will be travelling there in April on a trade mission with the Spanish Association for the Internationalisation and Innovation of Solar Companies (SECARTYS-SOLARTYS).
This mission will enable both companies, - who participated in the Renewable Energy Technology Congress held in New Delhi -to see first hand the commitment that the Indian Government is making to solar energy, its current plans for the development of solar energy the forthcoming years -National Solar Mission-, and the various plans that some regions are carrying out. During this mission contact was also made with a large number of promoters, EPC companies and customers.
At the end of this year both PROINSO and MECASOLAR will attend INTERSOLAR INDIA to be held from 14 to 16 December. Prior to this, they will be present at INTERSOLAR EUROPE to be held from 8 to 10 June in Munich, where they hope to make contacts with customers in India, taking advantage of the huge attendance at the event.
PROINSO have highlighted the enormous growth potential for the solar energy market in India in the coming years, as forecasts suggest that by 2020, the country will have installed 10,000 MW.
World leader in distribution
PROINSO, which has offices in Spain, Germany, Greece, Italy, United States, Britain, Canada, China and Czech Republic- expects to exceed the figure of 1,000 MW supplied throughout 2011. The company can provide these forecasts as they have closed orders which predict that this figure will be added together to the 282 MW which has already been supplied since 2005.
PROINSO has a strong international focus, as is indicated by its more than 1,555 qualified installers who are part of its Network, in addition to more than 90,000 m2 of logistics warehouses spread out among its delegations.
PROINSO specializes in the distribution of modules, inverters, fixed structures and trackers for photovoltaic solar plants. The company distributed more than 812 MW by 2010.
PROINSO has distribution agreements with TRINA SOLAR, CANADIAN SOLAR and REC for modules, with SMA for invertors and is responsible for the distribution of MECASOLAR trackers and fixed structures. It is the first worldwide distributor for TRINA modules. It is the leading distributer of SMA inverters, being a global distributor for the German manufacturer