42 Pearse Street
2 Dublin, ie
+353 (1) 6468183
PopCap Launches Plants vs. Zombies(TM) for the iPhone(TM)
iPhone/iPod Touch Adaptation of 2009 Casual Game of The Year Offers Exclusive Content, Fun and Functionality
"Plants vs. Zombies for iPhone and iPod touch marks the first adaptation of our wildly popular 'flower defense' game to a new platform, and we're excited at how well it has translated to the iPhone and iPod touch," stated Andrew Stein, director of mobile platforms at PopCap Games. "We've stayed true to the original computer version with the fullfeatured gameplay of Adventure mode, and have optimized this adaptation around a seamless touch interface. Plus, we've added great content, including the new Quick Play Arena which allows easy replay of any level after completing the Adventure mode, and more than a dozen achievements to reward successful completion of ingame challenges."
Featuring nonstop comedic action throughout 50 infinitely replayable levels, Plants vs. Zombies challenges you to defend your house from encroaching zombies striving to reach your front door to eat your brains. Choose from an everincreasing assortment of specialized, zombiebattling plants to slow down, confuse, weaken and ultimately destroy the vegetationmunching undead before they can traverse your yard and reach your front door. Thoughtful selection of plants, frantic use of resources, and clever planting/placement decisions are key to overcoming more than two dozen different kinds of zombies, each with its own combination of "skills" and behaviors. Additional obstacles and challenges in later levels include the setting of the sun (complete with a set of defensive mushrooms which are only usable at night), a creeping fog, and even a swimming pool where the aquatic zombies make their approach!
Features of Plants vs. Zombies for the iPhone and iPod touch include:
- The Quick Play Arena allows easy replay of any level after completing the 50 levels in Adventure mode
- More than a dozen achievements to reward successful completion of ingame challenges
- More than four dozen plants, from cherry bombs and peashooters to melonpults, wallnuts and sunflowers
- Dozens of different zombie types, including backfromthedead miners, businessmen, football players, and even a zombie bobsled team
- Suburban almanac tracks your progress and provides vital stats on plant and zombie types
- Crazy Dave's trunko'thecar shop where you can purchase new plants, powerups, and other zombieexterminating tools
- New fluid animation technology creates even more visually appealing plants and zippier zombies
- 11 original musical pieces that mirror the increasing intensity of the gameplay
Since its release last year, Plants vs. Zombies for the PC and Mac has become one of the most successful franchises in casual game history, selling faster than any previous PopCap title and garnering dozens of PC and casual "game of the year" accolades.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.