68307 Mannheim, de
+49 (621) 776-1220
Sensors for the food industry
The challenge of perfection
All machines that process food have areas that pose different levels of contamination risk: the product-contact area, the splash area and the product-free area. Pepperl+Fuchs has categorized these areas into zones and assigned sensor properties to each zone. Zone A, B and C.
Zone A requires the highest standards of hygiene and so Pepperl+Fuchs has developed the UMC3000 ultrasonic sensor, which is the first proximity sensor that can detect objects directly.
The UMC3000 is manufactured entirely from FDA approved materials and designed according to EHEDG guidelines. IP69K protection for extreme thermal shocks is essential in harsh applications.
The MLE76 optical sensor is chemically resistant to cleaning agents and offers IP69K protection in spite of the tough ambient conditions in the food industry. The gap-free enclosure and extremely smooth stainless steel surface satisfy cleanliness requirements outlined in EHEDG guidelines.
Inductive sensors available in a 12 mm or 18 mm design fulfill all zone A requirements and can be used in the product-contact area without a second thought. Pepperl+Fuchs has developed a comprehensive, intelligent mounting concept for all 3 technologies, which fulfills all the cleanliness and gap requirements specified in EHEDG.
For splash areas in zone B, Pepperl+Fuchs has developed special sensors that are capable of withstanding vigorous cleaning processes, yet are just as easy to install as standard sensors. Food products that adhere to the sensors during the production process do no reach the packaging process and do not pose a risk of contamination as a result. Ease of cleaning is the key issue here, not extreme hygiene requirements. The standard installation concept reduces manufacturing costs of this sensor series considerably.
Ultrasonic metal face sensors
- Ultrasonic proximity sensor with metal face
- 200 mm...3000 mm sensing range
- Robust and impermeable IP68/IP69k design
- Housing material 1.4404 (V4A) / AISI 316L
- Smooth housing with surface roughness RA < 0.8
- Designed according to the EHEDG guidelines for hygienic design
Inductive metal face sensors
- Designed according to EHEDG guidelines
- V4A stainless steel solid metal housing (316L/1.4404)
- Designs with 12mm and 18mm smooth housing as well as thread versions
- High impermeability in hot and humid environments (IP68/69K)
- Temperature range -25 °C ... +85 °C
- EHEDG certified
- V4A stainless steel enclosure (316L/1.4404)
- Tightly sealed and resistant to steam jets (IP69K)
- Designed for extreme thermal shocks
- Comprehensive gap-free mounting concept
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.