1030 Wien, at
+43 (1) 71701-6541
"The first 10,000"
PayLife PoS terminals: a resounding success
"We are proud to have had such a successful first year", says a delighted Dr. Ewald Judt, managing director of PayLife. "I'm sure that our 28 years of experience in cash-free payments has been a decisive factor. Our merchants certainly reap the benefit - they get PoS terminals with unique features and the PayLife service quality they have come to expect", he continues.
The fact that the PayLife PoS terminals are much more economical to run than alternative models is surely another reason for their considerable impact on the market. The PayLife Bankomat terminal is the only next generation terminal in Austria that can process Quick electronic purse transactions and handle the loyalty schemes of the major chain stores. Over 1.6 million shoppers currently benefit from preferred customer schemes via their Maestro debit cards (for example Friends of Merkur, Bipa Card, Billa Vorteilsklub, Betten Reiter, Vienna City Bike and Lyoness).
The Single Euro Payments Area calls for the creation of a terminal that supports the international EMV (Europay MasterCard Visa) standard throughout Europe by the end of 2010. Thanks to the new PayLife PoS terminals, this aspiration has already been realised. The terminals are fully EMV-compatible and support the communication chip on card/chip in terminal on the basis of the international EMV chip standard.
What's new Available as a fixed or mobile terminal, the new PayLife Bankomat PoS terminal:
- is a low-cost terminal for businesses (small and medium-sized enterprises in particular benefit from attractive package prices)
- is a state-of-the-art unit offering high levels of counterfeit security and data transfer security
- is even more user friendly thanks to a privacy shield (which screens data inputs from view)
- uses the latest communication channels such as broadband and GPRS; ISDN connection has also been simplified, to the advantage of participating outlets
- can be supplied with an integrated thermal printer (graphics-enabled and low-noise), and may be connected to the merchant's cash register
- is easily integrated into a company network
Transaction and sales figures continue to grow
Third quarter figures for 2008 provide further evidence that Austrians are turning to cash-free payments in increasing numbers. Payment transactions with payment cards supported by PayLife were up 7.6% compared to 2007, with turnover rising by around 11%. The number of cards supported by PayLife also rose again: credit cards by 5.7% and Maestro Bankomat cards by 3.4%.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.