Parks Associates announces CONNECTIONS(TM) at TIA conference agenda and AT&T keynote
Research firm and leading executives address market growth of connected devices and services at international digital living conference
CONNECTIONS(TM) : The Digital Living Conference & Showcase, co-located with TIA 2012: Inside the Network Conference and Exhibition, takes places June 5-7 in Dallas, Texas. Kevin Petersen, senior vice president of AT&T Digital Life for AT&T Services, will present the opening conference keynote on Tuesday, June 5.
CONNECTIONS(TM) at TIA will feature over 100 executives speaking about monetization and content distribution strategies, customer support, second-screen services, and other trends impacting the connected home industries and changing the ways consumers access content. Currently 42% of U.S. consumers with media tablets use their devices to check listings while watching television, and nearly one-third of consumers in U.S. broadband households have streamed TV shows and/or movies in the past month.
"Consumer habits are changing, and businesses must adjust their strategies in designing solutions and bringing products to market to meet these new demands," said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. "Value‐added and multiscreen services are key to retaining customers and building for future revenue growth. CONNECTIONS(TM) at TIA addresses the opportunities spanning such categories as entertainment, technical support, mobile solutions, home management, energy services, and healthcare."
Whole-audience Presentation Sessions:
- What to Watch: Connecting Consumers to Content
- The Evolution of Customer Care: Technical Support and Beyond
- Emerging Mobile Services: Boon for Carriers or OTT Providers?
- Partnerships and Competition among Broadband and Security Service Providers, Utilities, and Retailers
Parks Associates Research Presentations:
- The State of the Connected Consumer
- The Future of OTT Video: Monetization Strategies
- The Rise of the App Platform in the Mobile and CE Markets
- Defining Roles for Connected Consumer Electronics
- Managing the Connected Home - Security, Health, Monitoring, and Controls
- Innovations in Digital Content Delivery
- Building Interoperability among Home System Services and Devices
- Exemplifying Superior Customer Experiences
- Second Screen Services - Apps, Interactivity, and Advertising
- The Human TV Remote: Gesture and Voice Recognition
- Emerging Value-added Services: Music, Gaming, and More
- The Media Cloud and Digital Locker
- Delivering Superior 4G Experience to Mobile Consumer
- The Next Steps in TV Everywhere
- Smartphone and Tablet Innovations: Transforming Consumer Behavior
- Connected Consumer Electronics as the Set-top Box
- New Approaches to Device Management
- Video Search and Discovery: Tools, Techniques, and Outcomes
- Personal Cloud - Path to Revenues
- Advertising Everywhere - Connected Devices, Content, and Consumers
Early Sponsors include CEA, IBM, Affinegy, Allegro, Digitalsmiths, PacketVideo, Irdeto, and Sigma Designs.
Platinum supporters are CEDIA and Digital Media Wire.
Supporters: Best Web Design Agencies, BoogarLists, CABA, Conference Guru, Connected TV Marketing Association, CSI Magazine, EIS Alliance, EMF, FierceMarkets, HiddenWires, HomeToys, LonMark International, MPEG Industry Forum, OpenADR Alliance, OSP Magazine, ScreenPlays, Storage Visions, Telemedianews.com, topSEOs.com, UMTS Forum, U-SNAP Alliance, Visibility Magazine, Vision2Mobile, and Wireless Industry Partnership (WIP).
More information about TIA 2012: Inside the Network and CONNECTIONS(TM) at TIA can be found at tia2012.org and www.connectionsconference.com.
About CONNECTIONS(TM) at TIA
The 16th annual CONNECTIONS(TM) : The Digital Living Conference and Showcase will be co-located with TIA 2012: Inside the Network on June 5-7 at the Gaylord Hotel, Dallas, Texas. Hosted by international research firm Parks Associates, CONNECTIONS(TM) at TIA 2012 focuses on innovative solutions for the connected consumer and leading strategies to monetize digital content, mobile applications and services, value-added services, connected consumer electronics, and home systems.
The executive research conference includes presentations from Parks Associates' leading analysts and visionary sessions featuring executives in the connected entertainment and digital home technology industries. CONNECTIONS(TM) at TIA 2012 also features The Connected Home Pavilion, an area on the TIA exhibit floor where attendees can preview demos from operators, manufacturers, and solutions providers for the digital home.
For more information, contact email@example.com, call 972-490-1113, visit www.connectionsconference.com.
The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) represents manufacturers and suppliers of global communications networks through standards development, policy and advocacy, business opportunities, market intelligence, and events and networking. TIA enhances the business environment for broadband, mobile wireless, information technology, networks, cable, satellite and unified communications. Members' products and services empower communications in every industry and market, including healthcare, education, security, public safety, transportation, government, the military, the environment, and entertainment. Visit tiaonline.org.
Parks Associates is an internationally recognized market research and consulting company specializing in emerging consumer technology products and services. Founded in 1986, Parks Associates creates research capital for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to small start-ups through market reports, primary studies, consumer research, custom research, workshops, executive conferences, and annual service subscriptions.
The company's expertise includes digital media and platforms, entertainment and gaming, home networks, Internet and television services, digital health, mobile applications and services, support services, consumer apps, advanced advertising, consumer electronics, energy management, and home control systems and security.
Each year, Parks Associates hosts industry webcasts, the CONNECTIONS(TM) Conference Series, and Smart Energy Summit: Engaging the Consumer. http://www.parksassociates.com