79098 Freiburg, de
+49 (761) 59018-181
Paragon Software Updates Hard Disk Manager 14 Family with Major New Features Saving Space and Time
Cyclic Backup to Virtual Drive, Merge pVHD Increments, UIM Support for VHDx Format and EFI Support for P2V Restore
Introduced in November 2013, the new pVHD (Paragon Virtual Hard Drive) format in HDM 14 efficiently handles incremental chains, data deduplication and synchronization making backups up to four times smaller than the original objects. The introduction of pVHD has also made incremental imaging work up to ten times faster and with greater stability compared with the traditional PBF format, thus allowing easy and efficient backup to network storage. In the newest release, the user can automate backup routines for virtual containers, merge pVHD increments to effectively manage backup contents, check virtual containers for consistency, and mount encrypted containers.
"Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 combines all the latest technologies in one single tool, thus covering the widest spectrum of data management tasks from powerful partition management to physical or virtual system migration. The newest releases offer even more flexibility in configuring regular backup routines for virtual containers and add a possibility to merge backup increments," commented Konstantin Komarov, CEO of Paragon Software Group.
New features in all HDM 14 editions:
- Merge pVHD Increments enables the effective management of backup contents by merging the two most recent increments in the chain, thus updating its contents and cutting on the backup storage requirements.
- Mount encrypted pVHD: UIM (Universal Image Mounter) has been enhanced to mount encrypted virtual containers in the pVHD format.
- Support for VHDx virtual containers: UIM (Universal Image Mounter) support for the VHDx (Hyper-V Virtual Hard Disk) format.
Additional new features in HDM 14 Professional, Business and Premium:
- Cyclic Backup to Virtual Drive makes 'set-and-forget' backup planning of full or incremental virtual containers easy and flexible.
- EFI support for P2V Restore: a 64-bit Windows system configured to the uEFI boot mode will successfully start up in a virtual environment after P2V migration from a backup image.
OS: Windows 8.1/Windows Server 2012 R1 and earlier versions back to Windows 2000.
Pricing and Availability:
For Hard Disk Manager 14 owners, the upgrade is free.
Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Suite is available for $US49.95 (€39.95); Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Professional is available for $US99.95 (€79.95);
Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Business is available for $US299 (€179);
Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Premium is available for $US599 (€479).
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.