79098 Freiburg, de
+49 (761) 59018-181
Global Bestseller, Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Now Available as a Windows® Phone App / The dictionary You Can Rely on Whenever You Need Help with English, Now Fits in Your Pocket
- Offline Content, Audio Pronunciation, Colour Illustrations and Customizable screen help users communicate confidently in English. Already Available on Android™, iPad® and iPhone®
Paragon Software Group, a leading multi-platform software developer for mobile devices and desktop computers, and Oxford University Press, the publisher of the world's most trusted dictionaries and learning materials, bring the groundbreaking Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary 8th edition mobile application to Windows® Phone devices. Loaded with powerful learning features, the app offers full-sentence pronunciation, thousands of colour illustrations, clear explanations, and help with expanding vocabulary for anyone who needs to communicate in English.
Whether reading in English on the Internet, communicating in a work setting or studying English at school, the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary for Windows® Phone includes the most up-to-date vocabulary such as:
cloud computing n.
tweet vb., n. (new "Twitter" sense)
- Listen to real British and American voices pronounce words, with no Internet access required
- Access spoken sentence audio online, or download all 116,000 example sentences to listen offline (approximately 430MB each for British and American sentences)
- 184,500 words, phrases and meanings explained clearly
- 198,500 example sentences
- 57,000 synonyms, opposites and related words - find words with similar or opposite meanings in the integrated Thesaurus
- Learn words in their natural context with over 83,000 collocations (words that go together) included
- Use Full Dictionary Search to find your word in any phrase or example sentence in the dictionary
- Use the Oxford 3000(TM) keyword entries to learn the most important words in English
- Find the Academic Word List words easily - they are all labelled
- View and enlarge 1,300 illustrations to build your topic vocabulary
- Study usage notes, verb forms, and word origins
- All the dictionary text is live -- tap to instantly look up any word
- Use My View to choose how much information appears on your screen - hide IPA, example sentences, pictures, synonyms, etc. - tap to show the full entry again
- Bookmark your Favourite entries to easily find them again
Requirements: Windows® Phone 7.5 or higher
Availability: Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary is available for 19.99 GBP (23,49 EUR, 26,99 USD) from the Windows® Phone Marketplace http://Windows® phone.com/s?appId=ad82bdf2-1485-4e24-a355-d0007177e889
Previously released Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary for Android(TM) is available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slovoed.oald, and iPad® and iPhone® at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oxford-advanced-learners dictionary/id442911228?mt=8.
About Oxford University Press
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. OUP is the world's largest university press, with a wide global reach. It currently publishes more than 6,000 new publications a year, has a presence in around fifty countries, and employs more than 5,000 people worldwide. It has become familiar to millions through a diverse publishing programme that includes scholarly works in all academic disciplines, bibles, music, school and college textbooks, children's books, materials for teaching English as a foreign language, business books, dictionaries and reference books, and academic journals.
To find out more about Oxford University Press please visit www.oup.com. To find out about OUP's English Language Teaching publications please visit www.oup.com/elt.
For more information or queries about the OALD please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.