Im Neuenheimer Feld 583
69120 Heidelberg, de
+49 (7422) 515-8821
OSADL continues to grow and reaches two significant numbers
Since last year, seven companies joined OSADL. They are located in Asia, Europe and North America:
- Fr. Sauter AG, Switzerland
- KUKA Laboratories GmbH, Germany
- ETAS GmbH, Germany
- Ningbo Act Technologies, Ltd., China
- Miele & Cie. KG, Germany
- Wind River Systems, Inc., USA
- Interflex Datensysteme GmbH, Germany
OSADL also has new sponsoring members: GNU/Linux IT Consultant Christoph Fritz, Germany, and Armijn Hemel's Tjaldur Software Governance Solutions in the Netherlands.
The main purpose of OSADL is to assist industry using open source software for production and in products. By doing so, OSADL focuses on software and services that are required by many companies in a similar way. The economical benefit results from avoiding unnecessary parallel work and sharing the costs of common activities among all OSADL members. In addition, OSADL provides software and services required by a particular company only, but this is contracted individually and not debiting the common fund.
OSADL is using this principle - also known as Open Innovation - among others to
- contribute to the Linux kernel with components required by the industry,
- define best practices to follow the open source license obligations and offer an audit for it,
- establish a test center to assess and assure industrial quality of certain open source software components,
- launch a project to obtain certificates for using open source software in missioncritical environments, and
- provide networking, training and marketing support.
The more members we have, the more services we provide and, most importantly, the higher is the benefit of every single member, since the individual contribution remains constant.
Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL) and "Open Source meets Industry" are registered trademarks of OSADL. Other names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.