Oracle® Transportation Management 6.1
This latest release offers expanded capabilities in five primary areas:
- Extensions to sourcing, planning, execution, financial settlement and visibility across all modes of transportation.
- Extension of the multimodal capabilities supported for transportation sourcing by addressing complexocean bids as well as accessorials for both truck and ocean.
- Expansion of Oracle Fleet Management with new capabilities that help reduce transportation costs and improve equipment utilization by enhancing the planning and optimization engine for solving complex fleet planning scenarios.
- The introduction of new business intelligence capabilities and additional dashboard reports to drive process efficiency and help measure and monitor 'green' metrics such as CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) Emissions, NOX (Oxides of Nitrogen) Emissions and Total Fuel Consumption.
- The addition of Oracle Global Trade Management, a new product offering also announced today and delivered within the Oracle Transportation Management platform. This new product is designed to support the importexport compliance needs of companies engaged in global trade.
- This combination makes Oracle Transportation Management the only solution that enables companies to manage their comprehensive trade compliance and transportation requirements, including fleet, on a global basis within one central platform.
- By further automating logistics processes and supporting sustainability initiatives, Oracle Transportation Management 6.1 helps shippers and logistic service providers lower transportation costs, improve efficiencies and reduce their environmental impact.
Advanced Fleet Management and Support for Sustainability Objectives
- As part of the enhancements to Oracle Fleet Management, Oracle Transportation Management 6.1 delivers a new mobile communication platform that improves shipment visibility by allowing fleet dispatchers to capture datarich information about shipments and communicate with drivers in realtime.
- The mobile communication platform also enables fleet dispatchers to drive process efficiencies by automating shipment monitoring to determine whether an event requires additional action or support.
- Reinforcing Oracle's commitment to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SmartWay Transport Partnership, the new release includes a 'Green Dashboard' that incorporates SmartWay emission factors for measuring and monitoring 'green' metrics that are intended to offer a baseline for 'green' calculations.
- The SmartWay Transport Partnership helps freight sector companies reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve energy efficiency through strategies, financing and advanced technologies.
- Oracle is a Charter Partner of the EPA SmartWay Program.
- "Oracle Transportation Management provides Schneider National with a global platform to manage our extensive asset and nonasset based lines of business," said Ted Gifford, Distinguished Member of Technical Staff, Schneider National. "Having this insight within a single transportation platform will enable us to reduce costs and improve business efficiencies."
- "It is critical that global transportation management systems give shippers and logistics service providers a holistic view into insightful and actionable information," said Dwight Klappich, Research Vice President, Gartner. "This information is not only essential to help control costs and manage assets and resources, but is also key to enhancing the environmental sustainability of freight sector companies by helping them to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve energy efficiency."
- "Shippers and logistics service providers face a myriad of challenges as they try to maximize efficiencies to lower operational costs and reduce their environmental impact," said Derek Gittoes, Oracle Vice President, Logistics Product Strategy. "By enabling companies to manage their global trade and transportation requirements within one central platform, our customers are better equipped to overcome these challenges and make more insightful decisions about their logistics operations."
- Oracle Transportation Management 6.1 is currently available.
- Oracle Transportation Management
- Oracle Fleet Management
- Oracle Global Trade Management
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SmartWay Transport Partnership
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Oracle a Leader in Transportation Management Systems
- Video: Derek Gittoes Introduces Oracle Transportation Management 6.1
Oracle Deutschland GmbH
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's largest business software company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Software":
Cloud-Sourcing gewinnt an Bedeutung
Die Digitale Transformation verändert sowohl den privaten, als auch den geschäftlichen Alltag. Durch die dadurch bedingten Veränderungen, wandelt sich die Nachfrage im Markt. Diese Veränderungen haben außerdem Auswirkungen auf den Sourcing-Markt. Vor allem Cloud-Sourcing gewinnt hier an Bedeutung.Weiterlesen