Oracle Launches Oracle® Access Management Suite
Accelerates Oracle Fusion Middleware and BEA Product Integration to Advance Delivery of its Application-Centric Identity Management Vision(PresseBox) (Redwood Shores, Calif, )
- Further delivering its vision for Application-Centric Identity, Oracle today unveiled Oracle(r) Access Management Suite, the industry's first and only comprehensive offering for next generation access management.
- The Oracle Access Management Suite is the only solution offering next-generation technologies that enable risk-based authentication, proactive online fraud prevention, and fine-grained authorization, as well as best-of-breed functionality including web access management and identity federation.
- The company also announced general availability of the new Oracle Entitlements Server, a fine-grained authorization solution and a key component of the suite. Oracle is the first major identity management vendor to offer this capability.
- Oracle Entitlements Server (previously BEA AquaLogic Enterprise Security) enables application developers to externalize and centralize fine-grained authorization policies that would previously have been embedded within applications.
- The Oracle Access Management Suite is certified to work with Oracle Applications—Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's PeopleSoft, Oracle's JD Edwards, Oracle's Siebel and Oracle's Industry Applications—and a broad range of leading non-Oracle Applications.
- The Oracle Access Management Suite is the first of a number of products that combines technology from Oracle Fusion Middleware and BEA Systems. Its introduction illustrates the rapid progress that Oracle is making in combining market-leading technologies from the two companies into a unified product offering.
Integrated, Next Generation Access Management
- In addition to integration with Oracle Fusion Middleware, the Oracle Access Management Suite includes native integration and support for a broad range of middleware from other vendors.
- Enabling superior security and ease of deployment, the Oracle Access Management Suite is hot-pluggable with leading applications and platforms, including deep integration with Oracle's PeopleSoft, Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle's Siebel, and Oracle's JD Edwards.
- The integrated offering provides the following benefits in a single solution: SSO, authentication and authorization management for web-based applications; Strong authentication and real-time proactive fraud prevention to protect against identity theft and insider risks; Standards-based cross enterprise SSO and federation; Fine-grained access control within applications based on user entitlements Key components of the Oracle Access Management Suite include: Oracle Entitlements Server; Oracle Adaptive Access Manager; Oracle Access Manager; Oracle Identity Federation.
- "Organizations today are struggling to cope with the increasing sophistication of threats, the business and regulatory demands for stronger security controls, and the need to demonstrate compliance across enterprise systems," said Amit Jasuja, vice president, Oracle Identity Management. "Previous generation access management systems are no longer adequate to solve these challenges as businesses today need to adapt quickly to evolving attacks, strengthen controls by eliminating access management silos, and sustainably demonstrate compliance. Through the delivery on our Application-Centric Identity vision and the integrated Oracle Access Management Suite we are delivering what no other vendor can today."