Oracle Europe, Middle East & Africa Reports Strong Customer Momentum for Second Quarter, Fiscal Year 2008
Customers in Europe, Middle East & Africa Choose Oracle Products and Services Over Other Competitor Offerings – Q2FY08 US GAAP revenues increase by 31 per cent over Q2FY07
Within applications, there has been positive response to Oracle's commitment to and investments in continued enhancements to the Oracle applications product lines; lifetime support under the Applications Unlimited program; and roll-out of advanced integration capabilities with Applications Integration Architecture. Oracle Database 11g, now generally available on the Linux platform, delivers the next generation of enterprise information management, helping customers tackle the demands of rapid data growth, changing environments, and the need to deliver higher quality of services while reducing and controlling IT costs.
"We have seen strong growth across applications and middleware and, increasingly, more customers are selecting a combination of these to provide their strategic integrated IT systems," said Sergio Giacoletto, Executive Vice President, Oracle Europe, Middle East and Africa. "Oracle's open, standards-based approach and our broad portfolio of offerings ranging from data management solutions such as business intelligence and enterprise content management, through to industry-specific applications, give our customers comprehensive functionality and unparalleled flexibility for their business-critical operations. We are particularly pleased with the customer reaction to the recent acquisition of Hyperion, providing the best in class Enterprise Performance Management applications, and we have gained new Hyperion customers during this period."
Customer Endorsements during the Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2008
Major enterprises such as France Telecom, Deutsche Bahn AG of Germany and Russian Railways have selected Oracle solutions in database, middleware, business intelligence, business applications and On Demand solutions to allow them to improve their business processes, and to help them gain better information, achieve cost efficiencies and to deliver superior customer service.
- Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, Germany. Hellmann Worldwide Logistics operates shipping and freighting services from 341 cities in 134 countries and has 15,000 dedicated employees to serve customers worldwide. Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Transportation Management, Oracle Database and components of Oracle Fusion Middleware was selected to provide an integrated, flexible and robust IT system to enable Hellmann's employees to focus on customers' needs and reduce the IT and administrative duties. "From the start Oracle was sharp, responsive and showed a clear commitment to understanding and serving our business. Its focus on the customer was very much like our own, which made them a good fit for our business. Not only that, Oracle's applications in comparison to the solutions we reviewed allow greater configuration and show excellent flexibility. They also provide integration of the transportation value chain through their use of open standards," - Jürgen Burger, CIO, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics.
- Kodak NV/SA, The Netherlands
"Upon implementation of Siebel CRM On Demand, we expect further sales process alignment, more proactive sales engagement with key stakeholders and adequate reporting about pipeline and revenue assumptions - we are eager to measure the related Key Performance Indicator improvements within six months after full deployment in our Europe, Africa & Middle-East Region,' - Sales Operations Director, Ingmar Hermans, Kodak NV/SA.
Across industry sectors, customers include:
- Financial Services
Erste Sparinvest Kapitalanlagen GmbH (Austria); Raiffeisen Informatik Consulting GmbH (Austria); Raiffeisen International AG (Austria); Christelijke Mutualiteiten (Belgium); MKB Unionbank (Bulgaria); Bulgarian National Bank (Bulgaria); Lev Ins (Bulgaria); Harmonie Mutuelles (France); Coface - Natixis Group (France); Alpha Bank (Greece); EFG Eurobank (Greece); BZ-WBK Bank (Poland); BIK (Poland); Unicre (Portugal); Renaissance Insurance (Russia); Investsberbank (Russia); Tawuniya-NCCI (Saudi Arabia); Standard Bank of South Africa (South Africa); Credit Suisse (Switzerland); Helvetia (Switzerland); Finansbank (Turkey); Turk Ekonomi Bankasi (Turkey); Istanbul Stock Exchange (Turkey); Garanti Bankasi A.S (Turkey); Old Mutual Group (UK); Aviva (UK)
- Public Services
Cadastre Agency (Bulgaria); FINA (Croatia); Assurance Vieillesse des Travailleurs Salariés (France); Staatskanzlei des Landes Sachsen-Anhalt (Germany); Deutscher Wetterdienst (Germany); Ministry of Finance - General Secretariat of Information Systems (Greece); Ministry of Transportation (Greece); Ministry of Merchant Marine (Greece); Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Greece); Hellenic Geographical Service of Greek Navy (Greece); Municipality of Milan (Italy); Sogei -Ministry of Economy (Italy); Acquedotto Pugliese (Italy); Bari Municipality (Italy); Famula OnLine (Italy); Azienda Provinciale per I Servizi Sanitari Trento (Italy); Gemeente Arnhem (Netherlands); ARiMR - the Agency for Restructuring and Modernization of Agriculture (Poland); Ministry of Economy and Finance (Romania); Russian Railways (Russia); Ministry of Justice (Saudi Arabia); Riyadh Municipality (Saudi Arabia); Zakat & Income Tax (Saudi Arabia); Department of Public Works (South Africa); Megasur Informática SL (Spain); Undersecretariat of Foreign Trade (Turkey); Rural Payments & Inspections Directorate of the Scottish Government (UK).
France Telecom (France); Wincor Nixdorf International GmbH (Germany); Cosmote (Greece); Lannet (Greece); Safaricom (Kenya); UPC (Netherlands); Tandberg (Norway); Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa (Poland); GISP (Portugal); Megafon (Russia); Vimpelcom (Russia); Sonic Duo (Russia); ComHem (Sweden); AVEA (Turkey); Ukrtelecom (Ukraine)
Ter Beke Belgium (Belgium); Ravago (Belgium); Continental Aktiengesellschaft (Germany); Saes Getters (Italy); Lince Italia SpA (Italy); SGL Italia Srl (Italy); Marazzi Group (Italy); Fidel-Note (Poland); Mosenergosbyt (Russia); Sandvik AB (Sweden); Ferring (Switzerland)
- Travel & Transportation
Deutsche Bahn AG (Germany); Hrvatske Autoceste (Croatia); Mundo Social (Spain); Aras Holding AS (Turkey)
Interseroh AG (Germany); ENI Spa - MRD&LS (Italy); Lyse Energi AS (Norway); Svensk Energi AB (Sweden); Alstom (Switzerland).
Teleatlas (Belgium); Hellmann Worldwide (Germany); Supertrans SA (Greece); TechStroyContract (Russia); Theodor Wille (Russia)
- Other Industries
Retail & Wholesale Distribution: Egypt Free Shops (Egypt); EMPiK Media Fashion (Poland); Sale Co (Saudi Arabia); Morrisons (UK). Healthcare: Atrium Medisch Centrum (Netherlands); Hospital de Denia Marina Alta (Spain). Professional Services: Nederlands Meetinstituut (Netherlands); Kodak NV/SA (Netherlands); Adecco Iberica (Spain). Automotive: CaseNewHolland (Italy). Energy & Mining: SUEK (Russia). Education: King Saud University (Saudi Arabia). Construction: Polaris World (Spain). Media: Mediaprint Zeitungs-und Zeitschriftenverlag GmbH&Co.KG (Austria); Canal + (France).
Industry Awards and Recognition in EMEA during the last twelve months
Oracle's products, services and excellence as an IT company received positive endorsement during the last twelve months in a number of honours and awards including:
- Leaders in Innovation Award - Enterprise Resource Planning (Financial i) Oracle UK
- E-Product/Service of the Year 2007 (e-Finance Magazine, Romania) to Oracle Romania and Banca Comerciala Romana for joint banking application project.
- Winner, Software Category (Computable Services Guide, Netherlands). Oracle Netherlands.
- Best Technological Platform Category CRM (Portuguese Association of Call Centers).
- Best Technological Platform Category Database (Portuguese Association of Call Centers)
- Data IT Product of the Year 2006 (Data IT, Spain) for Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Integration Award 2007 - Category Occupation (Ministry for Immigration and Integration, Government of Denmark) Oracle Denmark
- Raising Achievement in Young People - Award for Excellence (Merrill Lynch). Presented to Oracle Academy, Scotland by H.R.H. Prince Charles.
- Best CSR Project in Education (Bucharest Business Week, Romania) Oracle Romania for the Oracle Academy program.
- Best Education Offer - All Ages (IDG Romania) Oracle Romania
- Ten Best Employers in the Slovak Republic (Hewitt Associates) Oracle Slovak
- Most Attractive Technology Company in Austria (Great Place to Work® Austria)
- O2 Ability Award for Employee Retention & Wellbeing (O2 Awards and the Aishling Foundation, Ireland) Oracle Ireland.
Oracle Deutschland GmbH
Oracle is the world's largest enterprise software company. For more information about Oracle, visit our Web site at: http://www.oracle.com. To learn more about Oracle in Europe, visit www.oracle.eu
Oracleis a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.