80992 München, de
+49 (89) 1430-1190
Oracle Europe, Middle East & Africa Deliver Record Results for the Fiscal Year 2007
Customers Provide Strong Endorsements Throughout the EMEA Region
Sergio Giacoletto, Executive Vice President, Oracle Europe, Middle East and Africa commented, “Growth in the EMEA region has been excellent this year with many customers selecting Oracle products as the strategic platform across their global operations. We are winning more deals as customers increasingly prefer a single vendor who can meet all their needs. The combination of a superior set of business applications, innovation based on open standards, and a first-class support service is why customers across a broader span of industries choose Oracle as their preferred IT partner.”
The region experienced increased demand from many industries sectors, in particular financial services, public services, communications and retail, as well as from small-to-medium sized enterprises. To help meet this increased customer demand, Oracle expanded its operations in the EMEA region. During fiscal year 2007, Oracle opened nine new sales offices in Bucharest, De Meern, Dubai, Istanbul, Lagos, Limonest, Moscow, Nairobi and Tirana to help governments and industries in these countries use information technology to realise their full economic potential. Oracle now has 132 offices in 57 countries in EMEA
Industry analysts in the EMEA region, such as Ovum, are endorsing Oracle’s success. “Oracle’s application business has made major strides in the past year, growing strongly organically and expanding an already strong portfolio through acquisitions. The Applications Unlimited strategy has given customers, new and existing, the confidence to continue investing with Oracle, resulting in growth across product lines and geographies. Strategic acquisitions have been targeted at building critical mass and capability in key vertical markets, and Oracle is also experiencing strong growth here. The results should convince most people that the Oracle application strategy is working,” said David Mitchell, Global head of software research, Ovum.
Customer Endorsements during the Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2007
Many world-class enterprises such as Credit Suisse Group and UBS AG of Switzerland, Deutsche Post IT Services and Metro Group of Germany, ING Direct of France, Agfa Digital Equipment of Belgium, Pirelli Tyres of Italy, and Sega UK and Lloyd’s Register of the UK have selected Oracle® solutions in database, middleware, business intelligence, business applications and collaboration to improve their business processes, and to help them gain better information, achieve cost efficiencies, and to deliver superior customer service. Examples include:
- Jordan Petroleum Refinery Company, Jordan. Jordan Petroleum Refinery Company is the sole provider of all petroleum products for the local market. In 2006 the company’s sales reached about 2.25 billion USD and they imported 4.4 million tons of crude oil. Its major products include liquified petroleum gas, gasoline, kerosene, diesel, fuel oil, jet fuels, asphalt and various lube oils. The solution benefits look to include: automation of the entire supply chain including integrated loading, transportation, logistics, and financial operations using JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications; streamlining the loading of 450 company trucks and 300 customer trucks every day using JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Sales Order Entry and Order Processing applications; establishing a single inventory repository to manage 100,000 spare parts through three main warehouses; establishing a single system for inventory, sales, and receipt information at seven retail stations, and improving operational efficiency and service; capturing sales orders for all products at the sales offices in Amman and Irbid, with full integration into financial applications to extend visibility; using JD Edwards EnterpriseOne financial applications to produce consolidated balance sheets and statements for five separate entities, thereby improving decision making and operational control; and creating a foundation for further automation. “We are confident in transforming our Refinery into and ‘E-Refinery’ with the large portfolio of products that Oracle is providing for Oil and Gas industry.” – Sakher Khreisha, CIO Jordan Petroleum Refinery Company.
- Lloyd’s Register, UK. The Lloyd's Register Group is an organisation that works to enhance safety and to approve assets and systems at sea, on land and in the air. “Many see identity and access management as an important tool for securing the use of internal and external identity information across the enterprise and out into the federated market-place. We view it as this and much more. It is the mechanism by which we can truly integrate our identity information repositories for consolidated access, provisioning and data query, which is a key enabler to being able to service orientate our IT landscape for future deployment of business process driven applications. Lloyd's Register was attracted to Oracle's approach to provide a consolidated suite of tools through the acquisition of best-of-breed products. Integration of these tools within the Oracle Fusion Middleware strategy is seen as intrinsic to achieving our own goals both now and in the future". - Danny King, Chief Enterprise Architect, Lloyd’s Register.
- TrygVesta, Denmark. TrygVesta, the leading Nordic provider of ‘peace-of-mind’ solutions with property and casualty insurance operations in Denmark, Norway, Finland and Sweden, has chosen Oracle Fusion Middleware as a strategic platform on which to build a service-oriented archtiecture. “We strongly believe in Oracle's middleware strategy, and we are convinced that the strategic agreement will secure maximum flexibility for our future growth and strategic focus of being the leading ‘peace of mind’ provider in the Nordic region.” - Jens Bjoernebo, Executive Vice President, TrygVesta.
- DLH Group, Denmark. DLH Group, one of the world's major timber wholesalers, and a leading Danish building materials distributor, has chosen Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition. With pre-built financial and inventory analytics DLH expects even deeper business insights and higher quality decision making. "The Oracle Business Intelligence suite not only delivers a broad range of role-based dashboards but also offers a pre-built adapter for our Oracle E-Business Suite environment. We have chosen the "out of the box" analytics because we believe this can shorten the implementation process, but most importantly, because this solution has moved away from just reporting information to delivering real business insight." - CIO Jan B. Andersen.
- TOUAX, France. The TOUAX Group was created in 1853, initially concentrating on river transport in France. The Group has gradually diversified into operational leasing activities including: river barge leasing and sales (inland waterway transport) in Europe, North and South America; shipping container leasing and sales world wide (maritime transport); modular building leasing and sales in Europe and North America; and freight railcars leasing and sales in Europe and North America. TOUAX has purchased JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to manage their new factory, including Financials, Manufacturing, CRM, and Purchasing Modules. “Oracle Accelerate for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is the best way to ensure that we start our new factory by the right date”- Christophe Boustouller, General Manager, TOUAX.
- Delek, Israel. Delek, one of the largest petrol companies in Israel, has selected Oracle EBusiness Suite for implementation in all its petrol stations and shops, and for use by hundreds of its employees. The project includes Oracle E-Business Suite Sales, Oracle CRM, Oracle OPM, Oracle Logistics and Oracle Financial modules, as well as Oracle BPEL as part of Oracle Fusion Middleware to enable integration between different systems. “Delek is required to give a wide and fast response to its clients and that's why we decided to implement Oracle Applications which will give a solid solution for the company requirements.” - Nati Markovitz, IT Director, Delek.
- Dalekovod, Croatia. Dalekovod d.d., a leading Croatian company for design, production and construction services, has selected Oracle E-Business Suite for several key areas of its operations: financial operations for general ledger, receivables, payables, assets, and cash management; the logistics function using modules for warehouse operations, procurement and order management; and to enhance project management using project costing, project billing and project resource management modules. “With the implementation of Oracle's ERP solution and the applications by companies IN2 and Infodom, Dalekovod has succeeded in integrating its business system and has created the preconditions for further advancement and expansion of business operations.” - Mr. Jurica Prižmi, Dalekovod.
- Amidar, Israel. Amidar is the national Israeli company for housing solutions. The organisation manages all public housing, and assists thousands of people who are entitled to help to rent properties from the government. “We chose Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On as it gives us the business flexibility we require, supports multi environments and is transparent to the users. We anticipate Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On will increase the level of security in the company, and will simplify both the users’ time and the time of the support services. We received the best service from Oracle's support throughout the whole process.”- Atzmon Mins, IT Director, Amidar.
- Posten, Norway. Norway Post, one of Norway’s biggest companies with over 20,000 employees and operations throughout the country, has chosen Oracle E-Business Suite as part of a HR project and standardisation of Oracle technology across their enterprise. “Having a common architecture for our IT solutions will make life easier for our users and make the best of our competencies. The technology will help to integrate the entire organisation in a way that combines our heads, hands and technology and enables us to co-operate more efficiently.” - Helge Clem, acting director of ICT, Posten.
- Grupo Abengoa, Spain. Abengoa group is a technology company applying innovative solutions for sustainable development in the infrastructures, environment and energy sectors, and is present in more than 70 countries. Abengoa selected PeopleSoft HCM, PeopleSoft Payroll and Oracle Collaboration tools. “We needed a complete and universal solution to integrate and centralize our HR management, and which conformed to the legal and local framework, but gives us global results. We found Oracle.” - Alvaro Polo, HR Director, Grupo Abengoa.
- Casema/@Home/Multikabel, Netherlands. Three cable companies, Casema, @Home and Multikabel, have recently merged to become the Netherlands’ number one cable company. “In the post-merger integration process for the new combination of Casema/@Home/Multikabel, the new group has chosen to implement Oracle E-Business Suite as our single platform to serve our customers in the future. Oracle E-Business Suite was already implemented with the Casema service area as the single platform in that region since 2004. “Oracle E-Business Suite Applications and Oracle CRM will support us in achieving our topline and bottomline objectives.” - Walter Blom, CFO, Casema/@Home/Multikabel.
- Komterm, Czech Republic. Komterm Inc. belongs to one of the top providers of energy services and energy consulting on both Czech and Slovak markets. The company puts optimization of customers´ energy requirements into effect. Komterm Inc. has chosen Oracle E-Business Suite to increase its competitiveness and to integrate more easily newly acquired companies. “The need for a new information system came along with a new wave of acquisitions that our company made, for example, in Slovakia. We needed to manage these companies jointly and maximise the synergic effects. Due to the dynamic growth of our company, the key requirements for the new information system were a user-friendly interface, high variability of tools for every-day business and top-level process-oriented functionalities. After a detailed selection process we have chosen Oracle E-Business Suite. Primarily, we expect support of processes standardisation, data access on different management levels, the highest possible data security and better process effectiveness.” - Milan Jelinek, CEO, Konterm.
- MortgageSA, South Africa. MortgageSA pioneered home loan origination in South Africa by re-engineering the home loan application process, and today is South Africa’s leading home loan facilitator, placing one in every five homebuyers into their new homes. “We are in the process of implementing Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 as part of our roadmap to Fusion Applications. MortgageSA invested in Oracle E-Business Suite to provide a solid platform to implement our customer management programme. This release improves the ability to leverage the latest Oracle technologies, including Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Grid.” – Stan Belikoff, MortgageSA Manager, Strategic Business Enablement.
- Detsky Mir, Russia. Detsky Mir, the largest children’s goods retail store chain in Russia, has selected Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Retail applications to support corporate expansion plans, and to drive sales across Russia and the CIS states. “We are entering a qualitatively new level of our retail network development. Detsky Mir is growing three times as fast as the market, and such rapid growth should be supported by the improvement of the entire infrastructure. We’re improving all our business processes and have invested in Oracle Retailbased information system. The implementation began this year, and fast expansion and vast geographic coverage makes it crucial for us to enhance control over the retail chain. The new IT system will reduce time required for information processing and enable us to forecast and plan sales in detail. We operate in several climatic zones, in cities with extremely diverse income levels. Customer preferences in Novosibirsk and Rostov differ by 60 to 70%. We need to account for multiple parameters, such as demographic characteristics of each region, to respond to the fluctuations of customers’ preferences. We estimate that order processing time will almost halve, time of delivery will reduce by 30%, inventory level by 20%, and transportation costs by 15%. At the same time, sales will increase by 10% and therefore inventory turnover will increase by up to 40%.” - Maxim Entyakov, Chief Executive Officer, Detsky Mir Center OJSC.
Key Industry Sectors Selecting Oracle during the Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2007 Many organisations in EMEA adopted or expanded implementations of Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Grid technologies and Oracle Applications, including the Oracle EBusiness Suite, PeopleSoft Enterprise, Siebel CRM, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and JD Edwards World in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007 across a wide range of industries. Customer examples include:
- Public Services Federal Government of Belgium (Belgium); Grad Rijeka – City of Rijeka (Croatia); Ministry of Interior (Czech Republic); Abu Dhabi Systems and Information Committee (Abu Dhabi); Dubai Municipality (Dubai); Ministry of Finance (France); Bundesagentur fuer Arbeit (Germany); Bundesamt für Informationsmanagement und Informationstechnik der Bundeswehr (Germany); CONSIP, Ministryof Economy (Italy); Ministry of Transport (Italy); Ministry of Agriculture (Netherlands); National Agency of Cadaster (Romania); Ministry of Defence (Romania); Imserso (Spain); Ministry of Education (Turkey); Ministry of Defence (Turkey); General Directorate of Gendarmerie (Turkey); Service Birmingham (UK); Department for Work and Pensions (UK).
- Financial Services Erste Sparinvest Kapitalgesellschaft (Austria); Raiffeisen International Bank Holding (Austria); Fortis Bank (Belgium); KBC Bank (Belgium); TrygVesta (Denmark); Emirates Bank International (Dubai); ING Direct (France); Poste Italiane (Italy); PEKAO SA (Poland); PZU Zycie (Poland); PKO Bank Polski (Poland); Getin Bank (Poland); Romanian Commercial Bank (Romania); Vneshtorgbank (Russia); Investsberbank (Russia); Santa Lucia (Spain); Adeslas (Spain); Caser (Spain); UBS AG (Switzerland); Credit Suisse Group (Switzerland); Turkiye Is Bankasý (Turkey); AEMS (UK); Lloyds Register (UK); Kredobank (Ukraine).
- Communications Orascom Telecom (Algeria); VELCOM Telecom (Belarus); OTEGlobe S.A (Greece); Cosmote (Greece); Jordan New Cable Company (Jordan); Casema/@Home/Multikabel (Netherlands); Polkomtel (Poland); Cosmote (Romania); Telefonica Moviles - Cellular MOVISTAR (Spain); Turk Telekom (Turkey).
- Industrial Manufacturing EV Group (Austria); Salzgitter AG (Germany); Selected Textile Industries Association S.A., (Greece); DanPal (Israel); Comestero Group Spa (Italy); Pirelli Tyre (Italy); EvrazHolding (Russia); Fagor Electrodomesticos Sdad.Cooperativa (Spain); Interpipe (Ukraine).
- Travel and Transportation Deutsche Post IT Services Europe GmbH (Germany); MED.CON. Srl (Italy); Muchoviaje.Com (Spain); Grupo Husa (Spain); Soltour (Spain); Grupo Correos (Spain); Transport for London (UK).
- Retail & Wholesale Distribution DLH Group (Denmark); Retailcorp (Dubai); Al Fahim Enterprises (Dubai); Fauchon (France); Metro Group (Germany); Tengelmann AG (Germany); Gruppo Coin S.p.A. (Italy); Abdali Investment & Development PSC (Jordan); ALFA Trade Motors (Jordan); Allegro.pl (Poland); Dixons (UK).
- Healthcare Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris (France); Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa (Finland); 1st Regional Health Authority of Attiki (Greece); Lima-LTO SpA (Italy); TZMO (Poland); IGIF – ULA (Portugal).
- Utilities, Oil & Gas Komterm (Czech Republic); CGG – Veriras (France); Jordan Petroleum Refinery Co (Jordan); Petrom Service (Romania); Petromiralles (Spain); Grupo Abengoa (Spain)
- Other Industries Agriculture: FlorensisBV (Netherlands); Business & Professional Services; TOUAX (France); UTI (Romania); Consumer Products: Agfa Digital Equipment (Belgium); Morris Profumi Spa (Italy); Education & Research; Queens University (UK); Engineering & Construction: Dirickx (France); High Technology; Easy Park (Israel); RaySat (Israel); ORAD (Israel); Radware (Israel); Media & Entertainment; Kathimerini SA (Greece); Fiera Milano (Italy); Sega UK (UK); Gala Coral Group (UK).
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.